Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'99 NB MX5, British Racing Green

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Picked this up on Friday night. 1999 model, 5 speed manual, everything about it is as stock as it can get. Only 91,000km on it, and in really good condition. Paint is mint, roof/glass/latches are all perfect, no leaks anywhere, no fading or tears on roof or interior. The guy must have really loved this car.

Coming from driving an automatic turbo diesel mitsubishi triton for the last 3 years, and an auto vs commodore for a year before that, any manual would have been awesome. That being said, this is something else entirely. You can do u-turns in narrow streets. Roundabouts? Pick a speed and gear, and go. Straight line speed isn't huge, but more than enough for me. Quicker than the VS was, and much more fun.

Not sure about plans for the future yet. From what I've read, most modifications do nothing but slow it down. Exception being wider tyres (if you can get rims the same weight/lighter), and possibly swaybars. Will look into those when I'm not broke anymore.

MX5_1.jpg

_D4_6432_S.jpg

MX5_2.jpg

L62qg.jpg

bQjkx.jpg

4MaDK.jpg

OwtC3.jpg

Last edited:

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
surely it wouldnt be to hard to get a little more poke out of the engine...
looks good though

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
as you said, great little car around tight streets, easy to park, doesnt take much to make these look half decent either.

looks like it could use a cut and polish to really bring the deep british racing colour up

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Saw this on facebook and wondered wether it was yours or not.

Looks good mate.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
One of my best mates has a mx5 , older one . But still the same . They go allright for what they are . Its like driving a go kart at high speeds haha

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
have a look at

www.monstermiata.com

more poke.. add a v8 :)

Awesome, but I doubt their claim that it doesn't compromise on handling etc. That chassis is designed for a fraction of the power of most v8s, and I guess depending which engine you went with, weight balance would most likely be off too. If I wanted massive power I certainly wouldn't have bought an MX5 :) Still, would be a hell of a drive.

Plus money :(

One of my best mates has a mx5 , older one . But still the same . They go allright for what they are . Its like driving a go kart at high speeds haha

Exactly. Been fanging around everywhere, gonna head up a mountain or two this coming weekend if I get a chance.