Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

99 VT S-Pak, Leather interior (Work in Progress)

Toeludeu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT S Pack
Top paint mate! Love the interior however maybe try to get the screens put in the headrests?

I was looking at doing that.
I actually cut out the foam and trial fitted them before I put the leather in.
The VT headrests have a curved plastic mould inside them, so while there is plenty of room at the top to fit them snug, there is no room in the middle.

I'm going to pick up another pair from the wreckers and hack em up and see if I can fit the monitor shrouds snugly. If I can, then it's a simple case of taking the leather off the current ones, and putting it on the ones from the wreckers, provided it works.

As for the other suggestions,
1. I got the clear side indicators today and installed them - a lot neater looking.
2. I ordered the Chrome grills last night (Didn't even think about that, so thank you) and should have them in a day or two.
3. Redwall? I'm not too sure how red would look against the blue.... Thought? (Maybe I'll chuck it into photo shop and have a look)

EDIT
Photoshopped Red Walls.
I'm not too sure about the look.....
VT_Red.jpg

Last edited:

CHARGEDVT

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VTII S pack super6
lookn good mate. almost a mirror image of my car, u have the exact same model, colour, height and rims as mine. except i rkn ur paint is in beta condition than mine. def get the chrome grills, and s2 tail lights. check out the link 2 my VT 2 c how it looks with them on.
keep up the good wrk mate

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
Yup, bought it from Pro Seat on Ebay.
Highly recommended.

Do you still happen to have a link or something in your sold list? i had a look but i cant find em. Cheers

Toeludeu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT S Pack
Do you still happen to have a link or something in your sold list? i had a look but i cant find em. Cheers

Here you go

LINK

To the post above, yes I did the steering wheel myself too.
Bought the wheel for about $70 from ebay and then found the airbag on there for $260.
I pulled the spokes off and painted them the same colour as I did the dash - windsor blue.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
woooahhhhh how clean!!! that is awesome!

Someone above said to remove the tow bar... i would keep it on if I was you... mine has saved my ass (as in the car's rear end :p) on at least 3 occaisions

LOVE the interior... i love that colour, beautiifuull

the only thing I would say is change the back lights over to series 2 and the side indicators to the clear series 2 ones, especially on a dark colour.. very nice car bud

K Lewy

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 1997 VT S Pack; 5 Spd Man
Hey bro, LOVE THE CAR!
Interior is Awesome!
just wondering, its exactly what i wanted to do to my VT, as far as the white/cream leather goes.
I typed in pro seat, But no listing, think ya could post the link up??

Cheers Kris

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
K Lewy post #15 he has already put the link up

great job with the car matey keep up the good work :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toeludeu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT S Pack
Thanks guys,

I've already changed over the side indicators to clear, now I'm just waiting for the chrome grills.

I'm still in two minds about the rear lights. If I can find one what I need, I'm actually going to change it over the the vx calais/berlina rear end, vx clubsport rear bar and spoiler (already have the spoiler).

I'm just waiting for the others to pop up on ebay, but given how rare they seem, I may settle for the S2 lights for now....