Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

_VN_'s 89' VN Commodore

_VN_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Sweet. How much have you spent on your stereo

I was going to get it at JB HIFI for $159 then I saw it in the repco catalouge for $99 so I got one. (it was a package)

Last edited:

ShawtyNate

In the feels.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have a custom made parcel shelf in the VN(As the previous owner says) that just fits 6x9s on top. But the basted cut the metal on the parcel shelf so out comes the grinder and welder to patch it up.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
I have a custom made parcel shelf in the VN(As the previous owner says) that just fits 6x9s on top. But the basted cut the metal on the parcel shelf so out comes the grinder and welder to patch it up.

someone did that to my red vp as well. i just cut the holes wider and mounted the 6x9's right to the metal instead of patching the hole. bought a blank parcel shelf from the wreckers and some vt speaker grilles from jb hifi, going to cut and fit them in when i get the chance. i like the idea of the speakers screwed right to the steel shelf not a paper thin parcel shelf cover. screwed them in with self tappers (easy cause the back window was out).

if you do weld in patches make sure you protect your glass. those hot welding pebbles will burn right into the glass....

ShawtyNate

In the feels.
Reaction score
Members Ride
someone did that to my red vp as well. i just cut the holes wider and mounted the 6x9's right to the metal instead of patching the hole. bought a blank parcel shelf from the wreckers and some vt speaker grilles from jb hifi, going to cut and fit them in when i get the chance. i like the idea of the speakers screwed right to the steel shelf not a paper thin parcel shelf cover. screwed them in with self tappers (easy cause the back window was out).

if you do weld in patches make sure you protect your glass. those hot welding pebbles will burn right into the glass....

thanks for the suggestion mate, will be welding under it id say.. my one is made out of plywood? its about a cm thick and heavy as fu*k.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
sounds good... where you doing your patch ups? is it near the back of the window or toward the seat?.. just hope your new shelf is going to accommodate for magnet clearance otherwise youll be notching your shelf again....

also sorry to _vn_, shawdynate's thread and yours were right on top of eachother and i wasnt paying attention and having a side chat in your thread. thought it was nates. hope you dont mind. no hijack intended...

ShawtyNate

In the feels.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh yeah ;/ my bad mate. Ryder ill pm you mate

_VN_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Update installed the stereo. found an upgraded audio system with and amp and stuff. Had to take it all out though and rewired. Sounds amazing!

2hayw.jpg

wrNNy.jpg

6gXK4.jpg

_VN_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Got the parcel shelf retrimmed and put it back in with the speakers.

Putting the back seat in and finishing off the radio today.