Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a bad 346 (vy ss)

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
the work will be done by powertorque engines, so there will be no worries there ;), its a hard choice with the heads atm, either a set of dart or a set of higgins, the $ in favour of the higgins atm. Cam choice hasnt yet been decided but it wont be smaller the 228 and .600 lift, stallie should be around 3200 to 3500 so its still streetable. There is still a few bolt on mods to do yet, the tb and ud pulley which should help the overall package . when its all together i anticipate a high 11 sec pass with the car as is, minus spare(as always raced) or a mid 11 sec with a set of mts

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
High 11 that's sweet good on ya dude all the best, big cam 3500 stall and you have low gears allready, NICE, should go like all sh*t. the ud pulley how that work, smaller on crank to drive p/steer and alt at slower rev's?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
the work will be done by powertorque engines, so there will be no worries there ;), its a hard choice with the heads atm, either a set of dart or a set of higgins, the $ in favour of the higgins atm. Cam choice hasnt yet been decided but it wont be smaller the 228 and .600 lift, stallie should be around 3200 to 3500 so its still streetable. There is still a few bolt on mods to do yet, the tb and ud pulley which should help the overall package . when its all together i anticipate a high 11 sec pass with the car as is, minus spare(as always raced) or a mid 11 sec with a set of mts

Talking on personal opinion, got he higgins heads, i was int he same boat as you and could not decide, ended up going higgins and havent been happier.

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
the ud drive pulley reduces the loss caused by the ancillaries, thus in theory giving a small gain in hp. from memory there are 10. 15 and 25% ud pulleys available for the ls1.

on the body side my mrs is getting a monaro style bonnet for the ss, so it should look sweet indeed :)

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Bonnet will look sweet, cool. if you use say a 25% ud pulley will that change the way the p/steer feels at low speed like in a car park, or will it make no difference?

vn_ss_hsv

Reaction score
gota love the vy ss's....and its quick too...nice car mate

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
more mods on the way

a big comp cam, a Throttlebodies Aust 78mmtb and a 3600stall.

11 sec here we go:w00t:

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
high stall and box installed by hi torque = new pb even with a track temp of 46deg:bow:

low 12s here i come

Attachments

• drag day apr.JPG
    drag day apr.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 231

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
how about a sports shift for the tranny? my bro's vz ss has one, very good take off.

edit, post by christina

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
if he doesnt have a hi stall converter the crucial 60ft time wont really get much better then sub 1.9s, plus i had to get one for the new cam thats getting installed. The box is a custom built job so no doubt its got a shift kit in it although a fair bit of the way the car changes gear can be done with an edit alone.

best idea for the autos is a deasent cooler imo, worth it when u start running some good ponies to the rear