Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A/C fan noise

buddybattle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive s1
My VX has a bearing noise coming from the A/C fan on all speed selections, even without A/C on. It sounds like it is behind the glove box. Can u please give any suggestions on how to get to the fan noise and what i might need to replace. This noise is ANNOYING!!!

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
Yup, sounds like blower motor bearings.
Bit of a nasty job replacing it if you haven't done it before. Partial dash removal.

rr088

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT LS1 Calais
Hello, Simple job. under the passenger side dash take out 2 or 3 philip head screws dropping the plastic panel lets you into the fan blower. anotehr 3 screws & you can drop the fan out. Sometimes it collects leaves making a vibrating noise otehrwise sounds like the bearing is gone. If you need a replacebale fan I can help you. $30- + postage. Thanks 0438 390388

buddybattle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive s1
Thanku all for your help, ill have a go.
Cheers

vuTobySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7L LS1 2002
hahah i know this is dead but man this is just whats happening to me! will try this tomorrow love the surch bar at the top that found me this!!!!!

vuTobySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7L LS1 2002
WOW i took out the fan and there was a plastic bag in there o_O!!! I think its been in there for a while but its only just got stuck in the fan because after i took it out my fan works GREAT.