Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A/C issue under acceleration

fangios

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina wagon / SV6 sportwagon SII
Hi all,

I too have this problem with my VZ berlina wagon. I will try and start doing some investigations using the above info, if anyone finds the definative answer please post!!

Trent L

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Calais 190Kw
1st port of call is always the one way valve .... it's the easiest to get to & cheapest to replace.

If the issue is actuators, save yourself some grief & do both of them. It would be a shame to rip stuff out & replace the wrong actuator - then have to do it all again, just for being a tight arse.

They can develop literally a pin hole leak over time - but it's enough to cause the demist under acceleration effect.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
I had this problem in my previous car a WL Stato and in current car a WL caprice.

It's not so bad in my car atm but would love a fix to it as its really irritating on the freeway every time u put ur foot down. Lol

Iv changed my heater tap and the one way valve on the back of the engine.

I'll be doing the actuators next so hopefully that should fix it.

stevelcqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S
I had this problem in my previous car a WL Stato and in current car a WL caprice.

It's not so bad in my car atm but would love a fix to it as its really irritating on the freeway every time u put ur foot down. Lol

Iv changed my heater tap and the one way valve on the back of the engine.

I'll be doing the actuators next so hopefully that should fix it.

Hey

Had an issue with mine today that sounds a bit different, hoping for some advice.

With mine it just blows on the windscreen, does not matter if under acceleration or not. is this the same as above? advice on what to check first?

Cheers
Steve

Marso96

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
The problem lies with one of actuators. Generally the one on closest to the drivers area!

What you have to do it open up the fuse bod, then there are two screws holding in the plastic kick panel. Once this is removed you will see a white plunger looking thing. It has an orange and pink vaccum line connected to it. There is one screw holding this is on the left. Unfortunately this screw is very very hard to undo because of it's location. Once undone all you do is disconnect the orange and pink lines, unclog the actuator from the black piece of plastic connected to it and then pull the actuator towards you. Just go down to you local parts dealer and ask for the part

The part number is GM92140681

Cost me $65 and was the easiet fix. There is a second actuator but it is almost impossible to remove without pull the whole dash apart. It lies just next to the first actuator.