Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A Couple of Problemo's? VS acclaim

T

TiTaN2

gday!
i have a couple of problems ive notice with my VS lately
when i turn on the car, it makes a sort of "water dripping" noise, any suggestions?
also when i steer fully, it makes a realy rough sound towards the end of the rotation?
and i just recently installed a new car battery, but the battery light is still on?
any help would be fanatasic cheers!

stinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Executive
Hey TiTaN2

Can't say that i know what the problem is, but i think you've got the same problem that i have with my VS, which means you're not alone. :)

Under full steering, it sounds rough and feels very heavy too.....and occasionally i get a nice loud BANG! noise when im close to full-lock.

Maybe it has something to do with the power steering pump, but i've had a new one installed recently, so i don't see how that would be the problem in my case.

Hytes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
Heya TiTaN2, not too sure what the first problem would be ... the second problem would most likely be related to your power-steering pump ... how's your power-steering fluid level? The third problem would be either the bushes, regulator or the entire alternator not holding it's charge. I too experienced this problem two days ago ... put a new battery in ... the battery light was still on ... had terminal shutdown happen to the car that night ... put a reconditioned alternator in this morning ... took it for a spin, problem fixed ... battery light was off :)

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
Yeh, I seem to have the same problem with my steering. I checked the fluid level and all so it might be the pump. Could it be the steering rack at all?? as mine also has a bit of a clunk when i corner faster than average, any advice would be awesome.

Cheers

Jon Z

D

death-from-above

You guys arent ever going to full lock are you? Because this will damage your power steering rack and pump. Just ease back from full lock a little, the last bit wont change how tight your turn is anyway.

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
I never go to full lock for that reason, but slightly b4 it clunks a bit and jus wondering what anyone might think it is, is it more likely the pump or the rack?

Cheers

Jon Z

C

Cowz

doesnt help dry steering either...i notice when in a position forced to do that... that similar circumstance will occur

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
could it be my struts as its mainly when cornering harder or on bumps so i was wondering if its possible that the struts need replacing?

Jon Z