Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A Current Affair

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
once again they show the morons.... dont get me wrong i love seein the odd burnout etc but these guys were a pack of idiots that have done more to wreck it for anyone that owns a modified car

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
How come everytime they show "hooning" stories, I miss them :(

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Personally I do agree with the Hoon Law myself.. but cracking down on certain things like petty road crimes isn't agreeable with me (IMHO). If people want to drag - there are strips around which hold weekly events.. where I am, there's calder park and it's $55 to compete. personally $20 of petrol, $55 to get in there beats losing your car, license and freedom.

As for skids, there are also skidpans!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
tr3nt said:
Personally I do agree with the Hoon Law myself.. but cracking down on certain things like petty road crimes isn't agreeable with me (IMHO). If people want to drag - there are strips around which hold weekly events.. where I am, there's calder park and it's $55 to compete. personally $20 of petrol, $55 to get in there beats losing your car, license and freedom.

As for skids, there are also skidpans!
Im not going to start another one of these type of threads but have you acctually raced at calder?? Not only do you get around 2-3 runs some nights for that cash, you still get the ol' constable patroling the surrounding areas every friday night......so whats the point?
AirStrike :air:

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
The way I see it, I'd only go up there to drag a friend, or to see what time(s) I could get.. and if I do the right thing, and not being an idiot, the cops can check me over if they want. I try to constantly keep a reputation of driving a non defectable car.

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
AirStrike said:
Im not going to start another one of these type of threads but have you acctually raced at calder?? Not only do you get around 2-3 runs some nights for that cash, you still get the ol' constable patroling the surrounding areas every friday night......so whats the point?

The point is you're off a public road so there's less chance of you involving some other innocent motorist in a prang, or even worse killing some poor bastard when you suddenly run out of talent. Have you ever gone to Heathcote??? It costs sweet FA and the number of runs you do is not limited. It's one thing to have a quick drag at the lights until you reach the speed limit, but there is no justification for these morons were doing. They deserve to loose their wheels. The only problem I have with it is if it's not their car, but someone who's not involved.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Heathcote is too far away for a few hours of fun for me :( just under 2 hours (depending on traffic) from me to calder just under 4 hours (depending on traffic) from me to heathcote

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
What are you talking about? you missed it?

If you've seen one hoon thing on a current affair you've seen them all.

I mean tonight was made up of footage from the past 4 that have been on I think.

As soon as its a slow news week out come the hoon stories.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
AirStrike said:

What? should the $55 include a get out of jail free card or maybe as a downpayment on an uinfrinegment notice?

If any driver reckons they've got the guts to do it on the road and they get caught then have the guts to cop what you get. Whether that's a ticket, your car gone or even worse. You have no right at all to do what you feel like on the road. Play within the rules or don't play at all.

Although it's my job to keep you (plural) and the innocents alive, I'm a taxpayer too. I don't cough up money for you to drive like a dick on my road.

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
I've raced at AIR on a street meet, theres always a heavy police presence there, I'm guessing they write down rego numbers for their "intelligence" of cars leaving, then they can be picked off later on, intead of as soon as they drive out the gate....

good to see ya Perkins! whats the go with VKGroup3?????.com