Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A device that tells you if police are around

thebish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S pac daily driver - 08 Liberty GT-B
Also you might want to learn about momentary pulse counting, where they give you no warning at all, it is on, then off again in a second so doesn't give oncoming traffic not yet in range a chance of using a detector, cos once they hit you with it, its all over in under a second.

I have a speed camera point about 300m from my house, I for one am very happy that they use it regularly as it stops retards like the bish from speeding past my house and putting my family at risk as they never know if it will be there today or not.

Thanks again mate, you did make my day, knowing there are stupid people like you out there, the coppers are never going to have time to bother people like me.

you might also want to read up about how lidar works, I've never gone through a camera without adequate warning, again read my posts before spouting

Im not even going to start on the jammer system I have installed in my other vehicle

night xxxx

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
My dad almost got in trouble for using a 'scanner' by having one of those inboard cameras.... Coppers thought it was a device telling him where the cops were..
Just putting that out there..

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I think the OP has got the answer to his question amongst all this bickering.

Yes we have...

Your eyes - courtisy of NAAF
your wife/partner yelling " watch out for the f$%^ing cops over there! " - (one of my personal favourites)
an actual device -thinking of buying one

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
`
Ive also read somewhere before that you can build a police radar jammer from schematics/plans off the net. Apparently these devices tell the police radar that you are doing whatever speed you set it to instead of the police radar detecting your real speed.
This info came from some online electronics forum about building radar detectors and jammers etc, so ive no reason at all to doubt what these guys were saying is true..I certainly dont know enough about different radar systems to say otherwise.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I know they tried to build a jammer on Myth Busters and failed. but I always wonder if they did build a working jammer, but I dout they would tell you if they didlol

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Jammers are commercially available, but are easily detectable by the police as when they have a hand held on you, it's reading will be all over the place, not fixed at any speed, a sure give away.

Sorry for the bickering, I mistook him for somebody who actually knew what he was talking about.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
anymore member abuse and someones gunna be butt polishin my ban stick

yadig

smAPe.gif

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
radar? lidar? GAYDAR! is going off its head in this fricking post!!!!!
heres an idea, why don't you A google it or B just ask your boss what it is? then come back and tell everyone so they can start up another post about if it actually works or not!

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
`ve also read somewhere before that you can build a police radar jammer from schematics/plans off the net. Apparently these devices tell the police radar that you are doing whatever speed you set it to instead of the police radar detecting your real speed.

This info came from some online electronics forum about building radar detectors and jammers etc, so ive no reason at all to doubt what these guys were saying is true..I certainly dont know enough about different radar systems to say otherwise.

That would suck if you went from a 100k zone to a 60k zone, doing 60 and forgot to change it!!