Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A different donk for your ride.

V

vnberlwagon

If u had to choose a different "brand" of engine and trans for ur ride what would u all choose.
Me, I would choose a new Hemi, race proven in U.S Stock car racing and drag strips everywhere.:driving: :driving:

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Hate tp say it but i would but either a XR6T moter in my VT or the clevo 351 with 9inch. Holdens look better but for some reason ford just build better, stronger and longer lasting motors. Maybe ford and holden should put their heads together and invent a holdord or something. Holden style with ford drive line.

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I have been puzzled with this for AGES. One day i am planning to get a VH/SLE and drop in some awsome engine in it. I was thinking about the RB series engine first. I could get a 3L bottem end, bolt on a 2.5L head and supercharge it.

Then i thought about the 300zx engine but if i wanted a V6, id just use the good old buick.

The idea i have right now, is to get the nissan quad cam 4.5L V8 from a Nissan infinite and bolt it onto a supra 5 speed box and later on the track turbo or supercharge it.

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
id stick in a 308 holden v8 haha...yer not different brands...but thatst he only other engine i want, unless i get my statesman next year with the 5.7L Gen3 lol...

im simple and i like holden

but the 350 Chev is a beast of an engine, my dad has one in his FJ40 Landcruiser...

IanG

Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Wagon
How about a 4.0L quadcam Toyota engine.

Attachments

• 00IMGA1288.JPG
    00IMGA1288.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 141

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
me, well id have to go the hemi 245 with a 265 head, or the hemi 8. the one that ran in the vh rt charger e38 bathurst pack

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
572ci (9.3L) GM crate engine :D