Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A few random questions

Elite58

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec N/A Auto
Ok I have had my Vy v6 series 1 for awhile now and over the years I have heard a few things, I havent been on the modifying scene for a bit as cash was tight for a bit so yeah i have a few random questions lol. 1st of all can you get your stock ecu in the car dyno tuned? originally i heard u cant has that changed? or is there any ways around it? 2nd What kind of prices is it to either repaint the car in the same color or repaint it in a different color? 3rd is it still not worth changing the motor to a stock super or a v8? 4th if you cant change the motor still can na eco take a super or turbo without failing and what different company's offer them? lol soz for all the questions but thanks in advance for your help

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
If I were you, I'd just sell the car and buy a V8 in the colour you want. Would cost you around the same if not less than everything you mentioned.

Respray same colour - $5000+
Respray diff colour - $7000+
Turbo/tune - $2000+
Engine swap s/c V6 - $2000+
Engine swap V8 - $4000+

So that could be either:
$7000+ for same colour respray + baby turbo or s/c V6 engine swap
$9000+ for same colour respray + V8 engine swap
Just add $2000+ for different colour respray

Lets say your car can be sold for about $10,000. There are some nice V8's out there for about $18,000. So for about $8000 you can get yourself an SS or a V8 calais. Huge step up from the executive and more power which is what you wanted.

Keep in mind those prices were rather conservative so be expecting to pay more if you do go down that path.

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
I would sell the car mate and by something that's up to scratch or your going to throw money at this car for what, to make it look original again, nit worth it to tell you the truth.
Cars are cheap these days and as explained above your looking at big $$$$$$