Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A few weekend issues

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Got new rocker gaskets on ebay took all covers off and the gaskets fall out of covers everytime i turn em upside down grrr see photo so couldnt put them in

Rear passenger door has a few symptoms. The window control light doesnt come on. The switch isnt responding always to put it up and down but it does sometimes. The main control switch for that window is the same so is the doors actuator dying? The window wont go all the way either. I adjusted the stop screw but didnt help

Changed engine mounts last week and still noticing a vibration thru the chassis especially when i reverse out of the driveway. I checked all the sparks they look mint. And its not the exhaust cover flange vibration noise i fixed that a year ago. Any other known strong vibration causes?

I went to take off the pipe that connects from TB to EGR exhaust monitor thing forgotten the name of it but the size 10 nut on the TB end started rounding and its likely stuck there now is there a way to crack the nut off

20180611_152600-756x1008.jpg

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Changed engine mounts last week and still noticing a vibration thru the chassis especially when i reverse out of the driveway. I checked all the sparks they look mint. And its not the exhaust cover flange vibration noise i fixed that a year ago. Any other known strong vibration causes?

View attachment 199821

Did you replace the trans mount, should do all 3 together.
Vibration could also be coming from the tailshaft centre bearing if it is worn out.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Did you get OEM oil filled engine mounts or aftermarket ones, most aftermarket ones are solid rubber so you will get more vibrations.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Yea bud paid the extra $$$ for the hydraulic mounts

Yea boss mentioned the trans mount looked worn and needs doing. That would be easy job yea i could change it at home under car stands?

Do i gotta buy gasket sealant so the gaskets wont fall out or should i buy proper non ebay gaskets that will stay inside the rocker covers and not drop out

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You can try dabbing a tiny amount of grease on a few points of the gasket to try and stick them in, I think they all fall out. Just make sure you clean the mating surfaces in the rocker cover and on the head first and you tighten the bolts equally.

If it continues to weep then I'd rub down the gaskets with some sealant (gasket only, not in the cover or on the head).

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Yea boss mentioned the trans mount looked worn and needs doing. That would be easy job yea i could change it at home under car stands?

Yep, takes about 15 min.