Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A little annoyed with Repco

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Well thats the thing, they are all franchises, they are all going to have different people there who are either going to know jack **** or know what they are doing. You arent ever going to get a uniform degree of inteligence through these places, however they should atleast have some sort of standard. One would assume that if you applied for a job in a auto retailer you would have an interest/basic knowledge of cars.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
yeh...most of the chicks that work at me supercheap know what there doing....but most of the guys (except 2) dont know ****!! but there still better the autobarn lol

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Yeah ive seen im in there twice now, im guessing hes just Christmas Casual or something, but yeah at that stage i thought yeah theyve got none of the shelf, this guy is a twat, im not going to be in and out of here like i had hoped. So i went elsewhere, got great service at Repco Nunawading (the girl at the counter was also very pleasing on the eye) and ill be going there from now on.

Might have to head down to Nunawading next time I need something for the wagz.... :p

Just_a_stocker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP exe
depends on the store, I still go to them because they tend to lean away from Made in china stuff.

worst case scenario for repco is when I ring them up and they say yeah we have that part mate, then I pulll the car apart and walk down to get the part.

when I go there you get,, "duuhhh we can't find the part.. the computer says we have it", And Im just standing there saying WTF!! I need it , my cars in peices fcol.

this happened to me when I couldn't remove the tie rod ends , so i rang em and asked them if they had a set , then i went and belted them off with a hammer and this made them irrepairable, when i got there they didn't have the ones they said they had, so i had to take a set of bloody silveline dodgy lookin ones over the DBA's i wanted.
They are still one the car and it irks me a bit..because i think tie rod ends should be good quality..

so if they say they got the part over the phone just ask them to go and look for it and find it, to be sure.

cheers

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Anyone seen the Repco website recently. Their homepage clearly states "We won't be beaten on price....." blah blah blah... Well I've since sent Repco an email and though I'd post part of it....

"Today I went to my local Repco store at Shellharbour to purchase oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs. I enquired about the notice on the website clearly stating "We won't be beaten on price". The initial response from the two young staff members was one of confusion and they could not produce any written terms and conditions. Then one of them told me that offer only applies to items that competitors have advertised in a current catalogue. I was clearly told that the offer does NOT apply to items where the competitor has the same item with a cheaper regular shelf price. Upon visiting the local Supercheap Auto and Autobarn, I realise I could have purchased all of the items I listed above much cheaper at the competitors stores....."

I'm not saying supercheap and autobarn don't do it but just annoys me when you get these claims. Reminds me of the claim where bunnings say "Find a cheaper price we'll beat it by 10%" I know someone who went to buy an orbital sander because they were on special. They were sold out so he went across the next suburb and the bunnings there wouldn't even match their own price until he argued about their advertised claim. We'll see if I get a response from Repco head office this week. Rant over. :ranting:
Ummmm I work for Bunning's, we don't match each other thats just stupid.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
isn't the price sticker on the shelf "advertising"?

with the bunnings discount, if you read the fine print, they don't beat the competitors price by 10%, they match the competitors price and refund 10% of the difference. a lot of advertising these days could be classed as false advertising, but due to ethics and morals seemingly disappearing over the last few years, this practice seems to be acceptable now
Ummm read it again, it's match it and beat it by 10%. Always has been.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
depends on the store, I still go to them because they tend to lean away from Made in china stuff.

worst case scenario for repco is when I ring them up and they say yeah we have that part mate, then I pulll the car apart and walk down to get the part.

when I go there you get,, "duuhhh we can't find the part.. the computer says we have it", And Im just standing there saying WTF!! I need it , my cars in peices fcol.

this happened to me when I couldn't remove the tie rod ends , so i rang em and asked them if they had a set , then i went and belted them off with a hammer and this made them irrepairable, when i got there they didn't have the ones they said they had, so i had to take a set of bloody silveline dodgy lookin ones over the DBA's i wanted.
They are still one the car and it irks me a bit..because i think tie rod ends should be good quality..

so if they say they got the part over the phone just ask them to go and look for it and find it, to be sure.

cheers

also go get the parts before you do irrepairable damage to the current parts. computers can be wrong, but they didnt tell you to rip the things off before you got the new ones. imagine if they didnt have ANY in stock, and neither did any other local store, you'd be stuffed.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i think badaz was telling us on the JC canberra cruise about supercrap at quangers (queanbeyan). someone went in and asked for a lifter to suit a certing type of car, and they came back with a trolley jack.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
See im pretty much the opposite, i despise supercheap auto. They are hopeless. I finally went to the local Repco the other day and there was a girl behind the desk, nothing against wemon i love girls, but i was expecting to have to spell everything out for her.

I was pleasantly surprised. After comming from Supercheap 5 minutes ago looking for exhuast rubbers and them not having any on the shelf, and the bloke behind the counter fumbling around with his nail polish or what have you, the girl at repco was very helpful.
Went to SCA, asked for a dizzy cap..........'what's that'? That's me walking out the door.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
oooh, gotta tell this story a rep told me a few months back.

he went into supercheap chasing some welch plugs for his car. he asked the young girl working there if they had them. she said yes, and went to go get some. she returned, a little disappointed, told him, they had no welch plugs, only german and australian ones(bosch and champion or something, cant remember). he left the store, holding in his laughter.

lol, gotta commend the girl on knowing where the spark plugs were made, but not for the fact that he was after welCh plugs, not welSh.