Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A question about sound.

Bundy_VN

VN Rev-Head
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec S2
Hey guys. I own a fullt stock VNII Exec, and for those who dont know, they come with all of 2 speakers, the dash ones. I was just wondering how hard it would be to wire another 6 into it (Two 6s in the front and back doors, and 2 6x9s into the parcel shelf). Ive found out how to replace the dash ones from another thread so thanx for the help guys. Any help would be appreciated.
- Bundy

SlowVac

Owner of a SlowVactioner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SII
The front doors is not hard if you use the vr/vs door pods. They do fit with little modifications. The rear doors I have no experience but putting wires to the parcel shelf is not hard at all plus I recommend not to cut the parcel shelf for 6x9 as it weakens the metal shelf.

Bundy_VN

VN Rev-Head
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec S2
Oh, ok thanx mate. Thanks for not letting me ruin the back of my car! :) What would you suggest instead of 6x9s?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
you can still use 6x9's, you just have to use speaker spacers. other than that, a set of 6"s

P

PhatVN

dont see why ure putting small speakers in the back doors and front dash..
i got 6inch splits in the front doors and i cut the livin shizi outa my parcel shelf.. so my 6x9's fit sweet .. and my stezza can be heard from miles away :D (if u use those really high risers ure not giving the speakr the correct air pressure cause ure suffocating it.. a lil technical but nevertheless somethn u mite wanna consider)

Bundy_VN

VN Rev-Head
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec S2
Yeah thanx. I just wanna get it right the first time instead of learning the hard way. My mate has a Corolla that he tried to install speakers in. Lets just say an earth wire caused him alot of problems. My next problem is Brands. What do you recommend for a job like this? (I do plan to put 2, 12" Subs in the boot eventually as well) And an Amp to run it all. Thanx again guys.

P

PhatVN

Well my honest opinion...
Cheap stuff gives crap sound not even worth the money mate..
I got alpine all through
9841E deck
6inch Type-S in the front
6x9 type-S in the front
Dual 12inch type-S subs
v12 power 345 amplifier
and my ears are still ringing at the moment :D
(in the car 2 hours ago)
good brands speakers (MBQuart<--best.. Alpine.. Pioneer)
good amps ..(Rockford Fosgate<-- these run at 1 Ohm!! meaning a shitload of power.. Alpine run at 2 and 4 ohm meaning not as power but nevertheless pump out sik power!!)
crap brands(BOSS<--- omg i hate poeple who buy this ****.. sony<-- liars!!.. i got a 350W speaker "apparently"... tested and it was 47.. they just lie about how good the speakers are but really they suck lol..
Alpine are good for what they say.. I got a 75W RMS x 4 channel amp
But it was tested as 108.3rms per channel..
My mates 545(one above mine) says 125W rms per channel.. was tested at 169RMs per channel
considering u wont need over 100RMS before ure ears tell u to get #$$*@ alpine are the shizi of all mate.. goodluck with the installation.. if u need a hand just pm me

Bundy_VN

VN Rev-Head
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec S2
Ok, Will Do. I was thinkin a Kenwood/Alpine system so yeah. Thanx for the help mate. I'll let you know how it goes.

M

miss_vp

i got a kenwood head unit in my VP and i used to have 6x9 clarion in the parcel shelf of my VK. i got the speakers in the front of the VP, does anyone actually know what they are? anyway, i want 6x9's in the parcel shelf and if i cant cut it? then how do i get em in there?