Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A sad,sad day for car audio

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
No, too much work and tyre kickers for little profit. I spend my days doing alarms and remote starts at the moment. Little bit of audio but I try not to get too involved.

really? I would think it's simple - just have set pricing for conversions for different vehicles.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
nah, the warranty side of things is a nightmare, plus I have to carry plenty of stock, retool and while it's a job I can do, it's not a job I'm competent in that I would offer my services.

bosmonaut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversay Edition
It's a sad case of affairs here in SA too. Nearly all the Car Audio specialty shops have gone. And it's just the mainstream franchise places like auto barn JB and super cheap that sell all the medeoaker crap rather than the really good high end stuff as well. My systems far from full blown Comp standards but even I had to get half my stuff from overseas online because the brands and the stuff i wanted wasn't available in the shops here at all.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Did you try Ryda? Elite Electronics? I know they grey import stuff but at least they are aussie based...

What brands were you wanting?

The thing that suprises me the most is that so many people are happy with inadequate security systems in their car. While I do a lot of work and am always busy, majority of my customers call me AFTER they've had an attempted/successful break in.