Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A week to get new Bar from the Factory ??

MtnsVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline wagon
My 5 week old SSV wagon had a minor disagreement with a pole so its in the shop. Been there since last friday.
Needs a new rear bar and they ordered it last friday only to be told they have to come from Adelaide and as of an hour ago it was still not here. So a 3 day job is now at 4 days with no firm date to finish because Holden cant have parts available around the country!
Not happy. Is this "normal" ? I can get golfclubs ( I admit they are a smaller package than a Bar ) from USA in under a week. Why cant Holden have a range of spares available in each state? Particularly when , to the best of my knowledge, the car is identical to a VE from the A pillar back.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
They are struggling with supply and demand.

Ease up

Thats not a bad turn around at all considering

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk II.IV.X

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
They probably can't get the part because they just sacked 50 staff to do with purchasing.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
My 5 week old SSV wagon had a minor disagreement with a pole so its in the shop. Been there since last friday.
Needs a new rear bar and they ordered it last friday only to be told they have to come from Adelaide and as of an hour ago it was still not here. So a 3 day job is now at 4 days with no firm date to finish because Holden cant have parts available around the country!
Not happy. Is this "normal" ? I can get golfclubs ( I admit they are a smaller package than a Bar ) from USA in under a week. Why cant Holden have a range of spares available in each state? Particularly when , to the best of my knowledge, the car is identical to a VE from the A pillar back.
Is it normal to back a car into a pole that is fitted with reverse sensors and a rear view camera? I think a week on a brand new car is to be expected.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Particularly when , to the best of my knowledge, the car is identical to a VE from the A pillar back.

Have you seen the shape difference in the tail lights which sit above the rear bar?

It's a brand new car, they're more interested in putting the parts onto the cars on the production line than shipping them round the country for panel shops to fix cars that have been crumpled due to in-attention.

Dylon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz cross6 crewman
That sounds good to me try living I WA you have to wait for everything. My Honda motor bike even though Honda are pretty good I had to wait for parts to come from over east.

MtnsVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline wagon
Sounds like I need to chill and have been too harsh on Holden.

Really mad at myself for clipping a small garden pole backing out of a footy parking spot. Swung into it and squeezed the rear left corner rather than a straight smack. And yes, the rear sensors were chirping but the camera could not see the pole. I had my head turned looking back and could not see it either.

At least the Heron White should be easy enough for the repairer to match it. I had a Poison Ivy repaired and the colour never quite looked the same.

Thx for the replies. I will go and patiently wait for my repaired car.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Sounds like I need to chill and have been too harsh on Holden.

Really mad at myself for clipping a small garden pole backing out of a footy parking spot. Swung into it and squeezed the rear left corner rather than a straight smack. And yes, the rear sensors were chirping but the camera could not see the pole. I had my head turned looking back and could not see it either.

At least the Heron White should be easy enough for the repairer to match it. I had a Poison Ivy repaired and the colour never quite looked the same.

Thx for the replies. I will go and patiently wait for my repaired car.

Understandable that you're impatient, its your new toy and you want it back. But it WILL be fixed, so its just a waiting game.

MtnsVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline wagon
Apparently the old bar split when they removed it. The rear wheel arch panel also copped a dent which has been repaired and primed - to get to the repair they needed to remove the bar and its stuffed now. I am annoyed at them as I asked them to order the part 2 weeks ago but I do know panel shops tend to not think too far ahead. So its sitting with its backside hanging awaiting a new bar then a paint. Sigh.