Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

RossK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE11 SV6, VF LPG Evoke
VR-VE all had cruise on the indicator stalk.
VF is the odd one out.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Thanks for detailed post. I spoke at length with installer and he was sure that all he does is plug straight into loom behind steering wheel so the concept that one part isnt connected cant be right as it all wouldnt work. It has the full air con replacement part, not sure if that is seperate but it works well in fact everything works well except for those 4 buttons. The roll buttons work, the only thing that sometimes switches off is cruise control so maybe clock spring is causing that as well but no dash lights that I can see. .

The guy replaced the steering wheel because it was old and ratty
, im thinking its either clock spring, wheel or electrical. My thoughts at this stage, I bought a second hand clock spring for $80 and I was hoping that is it before I put my baby in the hands of auto electrician. I used to have a good auto electrician in drummond auto electrician and I didnt like who took them over.

The other problem is the installer is in QLD and I cant get to him and lots of people are scared of the alpine systems

My E3 GTS did the same thing where cruise would just turn itself off. I replaced the stalk and it fixed the problem.
Just make sure you get a replacement stalk with the same part numbers on it as the oldone.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ve-commodore-indicator-stalk.283688/#post-3114815

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
VR-VE all had cruise on the indicator stalk.
VF is the odd one out.
Haha, the VF architecture and controls were updated and caught up with most other makes... All in the perspective ;) :p

RossK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE11 SV6, VF LPG Evoke
Haha, the VF architecture and controls were updated and caught up with most other makes... All in the perspective ;) :p
Yes, the VF steering wheel location is much better than the VE twist stalk unit, even the units on the VR-VT with buttons on the end of the stalk were better than the VY-VE type.
It took me a while to realise Holden had moved the Cruise to the wheel when I was looking at my first VF.
I got in and thought "where's the cruise gone, Holden have really cheaped out if the Evoke doesn't have cruise!":p
We've had a VS, VT, VY, VZ, VE and VF in the family so far (and the odd Ford too:eek:)

Last edited: