Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
yeah LPG was deliberately made non-competitive.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
My response to that would be that the servo owners being retarded money grabbers

You people want business regulation sounds like communism to me, how will the wealth trickle down? :cool:

**** you I got mine

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I loved LPG, it was one of the greatest investments of all time. I made heaps of money off LPG. I do agree, some badly designed systems could cause more trouble than they were worth but almost every car I have owned, I put on LPG straight away. I started with vapor LPG systems at MED automotive, they were fantastic and I never had a problem with any of them that I installed. I did an EL Wagon, EL GT, VT Clubsport. Then I put full LPG gas injection system on my BF GTP.

It would cost about $2500 to install the system. It would pay itself back easily in 1-2 years. It gave you a slight capital bump because it made the car more attractive to buy when on LPG when you go to sell.

What investment makes 50% return yearly? LPG used to till Johnny ******* Howard came and saved the planet by selling our LPG internationally for cents on the dollar leaving **** all for us and putting 12.5c tax on LPG basically making it noncompetitive in Australia.

It’s actually compressed natural gas (CNG) that we export overseas for rock bottom prices while demanding Australians pay top dollar for that same gas. Completely different animal.

John Howard was smart (arsed) and gave people rebates for LPG installs while the LPG was cheap when it had no excise on it knowing full well the government would get that money back on LPG excise down the track. It’s the servo operators that bludgeoned it to death though and made it completely uncompetitive.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Wealth trickle down? Total myth. If you want to get rich, learn to scam the system like the rich people do ;)

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
You people want business regulation sounds like communism to me, how will the wealth trickle down? :cool:

**** you I got mine

Always the catch cry of right wing fanboys everywhere. They complain that communists are at fault for everything bad in the world and people not having jobs etc and the government should just get out of the way.

The rich are the wolfs and everyone else are the chickens. What do they think happens if the wolf isn’t kept on some kind of leash!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yes, LPG is given away so that Japan for example makes more in import taxes that what the aussie government gets while QATAR who exports about the same amount of gas make 44x ($26.6B) what our dumb business focussed government makes ($600M)... It’s one of Australia's biggest public asset theft... Yet it goes under the radar while the population debates issues like iOS verses Android :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, our business minded government seems focussed on penny pinching Australian consumers which is why LPG pricing is the way it is... International market forces + gst... yeah right...
Try and discus a solution and anyone who thinks companies should pa6 tax and the monies gathered should be spend on education, hospitals, etc and you’re branded a communist :eek:

Sounds like this country is being raped by internationalism and globalisation which supposedly has benefits (yet to see any5hing other than cheap lawn mowers and expensive food) but being raped is not one of them... it’s seriously fcuked up and it seems there is no salvation without a French or Abraham Lincoln inspired correction.... But then we’re back to iOS v Android popular distractions...

Guess I’ll continue to drive my V8 with 91RON (yes. I’m a petrol heathen) and not worry about the continual shafting that is occurring :eek:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
knew I should have added more sarcasm
I got that it was sarcasm but to others it may be gospel :eek:

ps: we need a sarcasm gif... or expanded emojis or something :p

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a