Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aaahhh.... 19" wheels too big for Vx commodore wagon?

Rubixs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais
Awesome thanks for the replies guys. Ironically enough yes they fit with spacers, they do stick out from the guards about 10mm, obvious that the are not legal. So.... I'll look at putting a tyre that's not as wide like 30-35's?
And sell off the ones it came with...
The wheels themselves yes they fit perfectly fine I've learnt That it's just they overall thickness of the tyre running against the shocker metal cover. I can go full lock either way etc... Bumps seems to not agree... So thanks heaps for the replies fella... I'll keep you posted :)

Rubixs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais
19s are not to big for a VX.

Cheers guys appreciate it! , hey out of these what would be the best combination for the front. They currently don't scrub idle at full lock, only over bumps, so I'll keep them for spare rear tyres, and change the front.. So out of these, what do you think would fit?

245/35 19
235/35 19
225/35 19

I appreciate your feedback fellas :)
Cheers!

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
19s just cause problems with the front end stay at 18 s

Why???

A SS wheel is 17x8 48P with 235s and a correct 19 eg VY Sen Sig is 19x8 48P with 235s. There the exact same size

Now OP

You want 235/35R19s as that's the factory tyre size on the 19" VY Senator Signature rims.

Pull a wheel (or four) off and tell us the widths and offset please

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
The biggest thing to know is the offset. Once thats known, it makes it easier to determine which width and profile tyre will work without scrubbing.

I currently have two sets of 20s for our C180K. They have different offsets on them though, one set will only allow 225/30 (ball breakers) and the other set allow 255/30 (ball bruisers)

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
245x35x19ssv fit no problem onvt

Attachments

• 200520101914.jpg
    200520101914.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,344

kais3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Have a tyre shop fit 245/35R19s to the front rims, remove the spacers too and test it out, you will likely find that there's no need for the spacers anymore so get rid of them, the tyre should clear the inside and also sit inside the arch with the spacers gone.
Then if all good get the rear done at the same time.

Just bear in mind that although the rubbing will stop with standard suspension, if your rims have a small positive offset they may still have the outer tyre edges rolling under the guard lip despite being inside the outer most edge, so if ever lowering the car, the guard lip will likely need rolling up, also were you to hit a significant pot hole or dip in the road without guard rolling and it was severe enough to compress your suspension down far enough, you might have the tyre impact on the guard lip, this is something you can determine visually once the new tyres are on, spacers are gone and wheel alignment is done.

35 vs 45 is purely the tyre wall height, it's actually a percentage of tyre width, so eg. 35% of a 245mm wide tyre.
Because it's a percentage, the narrower the tyre is, the smaller the wall height of 35% will end up being.

In your case going from 45% to 35% wall height, the car will drop 25mm closer to the ground and also increase the height clearance to the spring seat by 25mm where you claim it's rubbing over bumps.

So with all that you'll end up with a legal setup, an accurate speedo, better acceleration and braking performance and lose a bit of the raised SUV look lol, good luck.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I am 99% sure, 225/35X19 are under load rated, so illegal to fit.

Spacers....illegal to fit.

VXssMOX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss
I brought brand new set of 19" simmons from tempe tyres a few months ago for my vx ss they have not let me down nor have I heard of felt any scrapping until I jacked my car up yesterday an was looking at my oil filter I noticed my front right rim on the inside is rubbing on something it's scratched the inside of my rim I checked all the others and not a mark on the other 3 anyone have a idea what could be.

VXssMOX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss
That's the wheel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223-162628_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223-162628_Gallery.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 63