Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS Hubs on Non ABS VT

dale1389

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Executive Commodore
Hey guys, any idea if i could fit front ABS Hubs to my VT being a non ABS car? cheers

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I'm pretty sure you can.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
not 100% sure on vt but i know on vr-vs there is a abs stub axel and a non abs stub axel, difference being the hole for the abs plug.
as long as there is a hole for the sensor plug to go through on your stub axel you can, if theres not a hole you could break off the sensor plug.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
not 100% sure on vt but i know on vr-vs there is a abs stub axel and a non abs stub axel, difference being the hole for the abs plug.
as long as there is a hole for the sensor plug to go through on your stub axel you can, if theres not a hole you could break off the sensor plug.
I'm not sure but I don't think he wants to fit ABS brakes, just use the hubs, probably because he has some or can get them cheap. That's just my opinion though.

dale1389

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Executive Commodore
I'm not sure but I don't think he wants to fit ABS brakes, just use the hubs, probably because he has some or can get them cheap. That's just my opinion though.

Correct!

Need new front HUBS and i got a mate who has 2 x HUBS with ABS that he's giving me.

Hopefully they fit.. :surprise: