Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS warning

peanutmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SPAC Ute
Hey all, First time poster long time lurker, I’ve got a 2003 VY SPAC 3.8 Eco and I’ve had this problem for a while now So just a brief summary, I get an abs warning on the dash and my cluster switches off and the car dies no power steering or brakes and obviously that’s not right, I’ve posted on FB groups before but never really had a straight answer, so far I’ve ruled out voltage issues as I’ve replaced the alternator and battery and found a few grounds that were not grounded properly which I’ve fixed as they were causing problems of there own, But this ABS fault keeps popping up and shutting the car off during travel and it’s obviously dangerous as I drive on a national highway to get to work every day, Just wondering if anyone’s had similar issues and what the fix what it is! Cheers all

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
unplug the electrical connector to the abs unit
drive like thus until you know if problem lies in abs module or elsewhere
you dont say how often this occurrs

peanutmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SPAC Ute
unplug the electrical connector to the abs unit
drive like thus until you know if problem lies in abs module or elsewhere
you dont say how often this occurrs
It happens intermittently ive had it not happen for 4 months and then randomly it happens, I’ll unplug though and try and see if that’s it cheers

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hey all, First time poster long time lurker, I’ve got a 2003 VY SPAC 3.8 Eco and I’ve had this problem for a while now So just a brief summary, I get an abs warning on the dash and my cluster switches off and the car dies no power steering or brakes and obviously that’s not right, I’ve posted on FB groups before but never really had a straight answer, so far I’ve ruled out voltage issues as I’ve replaced the alternator and battery and found a few grounds that were not grounded properly which I’ve fixed as they were causing problems of there own, But this ABS fault keeps popping up and shutting the car off during travel and it’s obviously dangerous as I drive on a national highway to get to work every day, Just wondering if anyone’s had similar issues and what the fix what it is! Cheers all
Codes ?
Location ?
so a member maybe able to point you in the right direction to get it fixed.

peanutmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SPAC Ute
Geelong, Victoria taking it to a family friend whos a mechanic to get it scanned tommorow