Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AC Fuse/Relay Name/Location

Whywait_7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ss
A blown fuse is not the only reason it’s not working. It might not have AC fitted, if the gas is low/leaked then the AC compressor clutch will not engage.

Get a blue light of some sort and look around the engine bay at night. Look under the car around the trans tunnel on the passenger side also. Any AC leaks will be visible (hopefully).

Any AC technician will be able to find the cause. Most will just refill with gas and put some marker dye in to find leaks for $250 and then inspect when it stops working again.

Good ones will try have a look first and do some tests.
Thanks mate but before i do any of that i would check the fuse or relay but its starting to appear there isnt one, maybe its in-line i dont no so was hoping to find the on here before i started handing out money

tash22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
Both those numbers are empty, i checked with another VE and its the same?
Mines are empty as well' even though it costed me $400 for a full service which only needed a regas back in Oct & now AC light not turning on ??

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Mines are empty as well' even though it costed me $400 for a full service which only needed a regas back in Oct & now AC light not turning on ??

Refrigerant leak I am guessing.
The Low-Pressure switch has been activated.
Check the High-Pressure Pipe between the Condenser, and the Compressor, left side behind the left radiator fan.

(Attached is a pipe for a V8, but that do leak in the exact same location,)
Find the hose and fittings in the image and check it out with an Ultraviolet light if you can get hold of one.,
As the VE's have fluorescent dye in the refrigerant oil/gas.

Attachments

• Air Conditioning Manifold and Hoses_leak.jpg
    Air Conditioning Manifold and Hoses_leak.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 145