Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Accelerating (RPM)

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Hey guys,

I was just wondering that under normal driving, what RPM do you get when accelerating from standstill such at the lights?(I mean engine RPM before second gear kicks in)
And... How fast you guys rev your car when accelerating hard before second gear kicks in?(such as in a street drag, at the lights).

When accelerating normally, I usually rev the car about 2300 RPM before second gear kicks in at the lights.

statesman_vs_s1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman Series 1 V6
MMMMmmmm, variable question depending on a number of factors such as your normal acceleration and mine maybe totally different resulting in different outcomes. Mine will sometimes hold till 2500 in the statesman when cold and taking it easy when i pull out my drive, which then goes straight to a incline. Really babying the throttle can get it to shift as low as 1500 is not a little lower. Floor it and let it rev and it changed @ 5750rpm. :p

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Driving normally, my car will shift at just below 2400rpm. That's before my car gets really loud, so I can't complain. :)