Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

accessory hot point for amp on wire in VE boot

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
im installing an amp in the boot and wired to a power source closest to the battery.

just wondering where i can find an accessory hot point (wire or fuse) to connect to the amp on wire in the boot for VE sedan. i have looked in the fuse compartment in the boot and found a fuse label amplifier so i tapped into that fuse so it turns on amp but stays on forever. i want to find a location in the boot that has accessory on when car is on then turns off when car is locked or off.

otherwise is there a simple device that detects signals in the speaker wires the triggers a relay to turn on the amp?

canabl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR/II 5L UTE
there is usually a 6pin plug just above the battery in the boot that has an ignition wire in it, this is for the factory reverse sensors installation. We use this to power up our aftermarket reverse sensors.
Just check with a test light and im sure you should find it there.

Last edited:

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
found the white 6pin plug with nothing connected to it, above the battery... so i just checked the 6pin plug and tried to find voltage on each of the pins when car on & off but no luck. i then checked the fuse for reverse sensor & the fuse is fine. so how come there's no voltage to that plug, does something need to be done to activate reverse sensor circuit as i don't have reverse sensor on my VE.

DrJeckyl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN commodore S1 & VXII Berlina LS1
Dunno but would seem to me the reverse park sensor would only get powered when in reverse? :whistling

canabl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR/II 5L UTE
i dont think anything needs to be activated.
The plug has got ignition so the sensors only work while ign on, park break wire so they stop once park handle pulled up and then the other wires have something to do with the sensors themselves.
the cars we do this mod with a relay have the follow me home feature activated in the system menu? maybe thats to do with them having power?
the reverse signal we pick up from the tail light itself so it is not in that plug.
there is an accessory plug up next to the drivers side of the headunit.
You can drop the driver side panel at the side of the centre console at the front to revel the side of the radio and a metal support. usually pulls down and unclips.
You will find the additional plug for a secondary power outlet clipped onto the metal frame, there is ignition, illumination and earth there. this is the only recommended spot to pick up an outside power source as anywhere lese seems to cause the battery to drain over short periods as the computer does not go to sleep.

Last edited:

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
so finally hooked up the amp through the drivers side panel as canabl mentioned. all good now... thanks.