Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Accessory Questions (boot liner and cargo blind)

dark112

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Hi,

I recently bought a second hand VF wagon. I'm interested in getting a "luggage blind" (cargo blind) (the original one was missing) and a boot liner and have some questions that Holden online chat was unable to answer.

1. Will the VE luggage\cargo blind fix into the VF (not VFII)?
  2. The Holden Accessories website lists two types of boot liners:
    • "Luggage liner - moulded - Designed to protect the cargo area and easily removed for cleaning, it is perfect for wet or dirty items. Raised sides ensure any mess is contained within the trunk."
    • "Boot liner - Designed to protect the boot. It is perfect for wet or dirty items."
    The price is the same and the pictures are the same. Can anyone confirm if there is a difference or is the same product just listed twice? It sounds like there might be a lip on the edge on one, but I want to be sure.

Also, obviously it would be cheaper to but the parts somewhere other than Holden, any suggestions on the cheapest place?

Thanks!

dark112

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
For the record, a VE cargo blind will fit into a VF

Anyone able to shed any light on the boot liner?

Thanks

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Pretty sure the boot liner is the same VE/VF. The luggage liner and boot liner looks to be the same thing in the pictures.

Definitely worth the investment IMO. I chuck wet wetsuits, fishing gear etc in the back knowing it will just sit on the liner and not wreck the carpet. Just bought from a dealer spare parts about $170.

For what it's worth I took the blind out of my car, found it got in the way too much especially when you want to drop the rear seats forward to put long items in.

Last edited:

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I've got the genuine mesh cargo blind in my ve2 Calais wagz, doesn't squeak and Rattle like the steel barriers, takes 2 minutes to unclip the bottom making it easy to drop the rear seats and put in long items

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
OK, I reckon the existence of both "boot liner" and "luggage liner" in the Accessories page is a mistake in the site; if you look at the Build & Price pages for a new car, the "boot liner" isn't an option for either sedan or wagon. Also, if you choose a wagon in the Accessories page referenced above, "boot liner" doesn't appear.

So you're after "luggage liner", for a wagon. "Boot liner" may have been a sedan thing, they may have given them different names to differentiate them, but are now calling both the sedan variant & the wagon variant a "luggage liner".

They're the same for a VE wagon, I recall from attempted eBay purchases that they're the same.

Some friends' parents both drove Volvo 240's in the early 80's, and I remember thinking how cool the moulded heavy-duty plastic floor & boot mats were. Oh, and sitting in the boot & looking backwards, that was cool too. It was like there were these two massively cool features, which you could enjoy from the right lane at 10km/h less than everyone else was going ... :)

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
The liner is a good investment. Wouldn't bother with the blind. They are very weak and difficult to get in and out.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ The blind also rattles/creaks.
They're good for when you don't want people seeing everything you're carrying, or when you don't want direct sunlight on something.

OldEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 3
Hi, longtime lurker and hopefully getting my new Redline sportswagon next week. I have searched far and wide and cannot confirm if the cargo blind comes as standard? I want to hide some stuff under it (I know they rattle a bit but better than losing my 'stuff'.
Do they come standard?
Thanks

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hi, longtime lurker and hopefully getting my new Redline sportswagon next week. I have searched far and wide and cannot confirm if the cargo blind comes as standard? I want to hide some stuff under it (I know they rattle a bit but better than losing my 'stuff'.
Do they come standard?
Thanks
Affirmative. Schapelle Corby® approved ;)