Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Acdelco 12639221 fuel injector

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Hi all i have a 2013 vf calais with the l77 in it , when i first bought it it was a little rough at idle so i checked the resistance of the injectors and replaced 2 off them all was good . Now one of the injectors has a resistance of 30omhs while the rest are 12 omhs , i have paper work on the vehicle that states the replaced one under warranty previously to me getting the car . My question is are these are common accuring fault ? The last 2 i bought from America at a fraction of the cost here including delivery . I take it these are used in case i use e83 .

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
About a year ago I had a leaky L77 injector, from memory visible from the top. A few injector questions if I may hijack, Wayne001.
Do they slowly underperform over time without a error code being triggered. As in Wayne001's case ,is manually checking resistence the only way to check health and does that give you all the info needed.
Does there come a km's/years time frame where its cost vs gain becomes worth it to just replace all of them at once?
Replacement vs professional clean?
Aftermarket or genuine injectors for E85 use?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
How do you do an ohm test on an injector and what is the value on a good injector v bad injector ?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Strange injectors are generally never touched but heard more of the LS ones failing in VFs never heard of a LS1 injector issues. Generally a badbatch of fuel is issue.

Wonder if different supplier to GM now?

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I kind of think that if your making your bottom end go 250-300000km, the idea of replacing things that probably are not going to go the distance might as well happen at the half way mark as opposed to say 50000km's before the engine is cactus. Its been my modus operandi, for decades. If you sell your cars early, or dont travel remote, financially I would say push these parts as far as possible. Sorry, sidetracked slightly, should one for reliability, fuel economy etc. start thinking about 8 brand spanking new injectors at any particular km's or do they have the ability to do their job well for at least 250000km's? TBH they are one thing I haven't done as a set on other cars in the past.

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
I have had to 2 fail and previously 1 was replaced under warranty . When i say fail the resistance whent right up to say 30 ohm compared to 12 ohms , so they would not flow like the others would . Even after a thourough clean the resistance was still up .

lamb_daiquiri

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sportwagon
I wouldn't have thought the resistance of the injector coil would be effected by cleaning the fuel side of the injector. Possibly the connector if it's degraded. Electrical failure would suggest too much heat or a bad batch of coils/ connector.