Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 injector connectors

Oscar Yates

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf redline
Hi all vf2 ssv redline 63000km and I have an injector failure I am probably going to replace all 8 injectors I have bought a set of noid lites to check injector pulse before I bite the bullet ( coils are fine)
My problem is the injector connectors. Is there a secret way to remove them. I can lift what I believe is the grey lock about 10-15 mm but cannot remove connector and don't want to force them What am I doing wrong
I have looked at youtube videos and they all give different descriptions & some connectors are different
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers Oscar

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
When you remove the connector plug, it’s also worth measuring the old injector’s resistances. Can’t remember the value but none should be open circuit or short circuit and all resistance should be within a few % of each other.

Bin the bad injectors and replace them with new. For the others, you could either keep any good ones installed or replace them with new and keep those old ones for spares ;)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
should be about the 12 ohms, there will be some values around that where they are still in fine operation but the higher the value above that the worse they are

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I was going to say 15 ohm's +/- 1 ohm, as that what mine are on my (VE) L77.

Oscar Yates

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf redline
Thank you all for the replies I found the easiest way was to completely remove grey lock tab & press in centre of connector to remove