Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ACDelco Dexos Oil

ScottSV6

Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Ute
Hey

I set off today to find some ACDelco Dexos1 Fully Synthetic 5w-30 - 20Litres, after ringing around the local stockist and most of them having no idea i got a quote from one (holden spare parts) for $164. So i went to pick it up and the guy that served me tells me there is no such thing as a Dexos Full Synthetic, so i had to educate him on Dexos1, Dexos2 and Minerial, Semi, Full. :rolleyes:

I did a quick Google while i was there to get a part number and someone from this forum had the part number 19246958 for the Dexos1 Fully Synthetic (must be 5L?), the guy looked in hes book and had 19246959 for the (20L). However he tried to charge me $220 for it (same as buying 4 x 5L) :rolleyes: after i told him i was quoted $164 on the phone he goes i dont know how thats possible she must have been wrong, after arguing with him as i was quoted $164 on the phone and also by another stockist - Gilbert & Roach (Truck Sales/Service) he ended up giving it to me for $153.

Can someone confirm that 19246959 is the Fully Synthetic one and is the 20L version of 19246958 (which is 5L)?

Also if anyone else has bought this oil in 20L how much did they pay and where from? Going by previous threads i think HEXEM and bluessv seem to know what they are talking about when it comes to these oils?

Pic Below.

IMAG0002.jpg

bluessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Thunder Ute
Hey mate, I've not seen the 20L container, nor is there any details on the ACDelco website for the Dexos product in that volume. All I can confirm at the moment is that the Dexos1 is a fully synthetic engine oil and the 5L container is definitely the 19246958 part. I hav purchased two (2) 5L bottles from my dealership. The RRP is $62 for the 5L container....I paid $40 each. At that price 20L is worth $160. With this in mind, $220 seems way over the top.

bluessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Thunder Ute
Just saw that pic of the 20L drum. That is definitely the 20L version of the above mentioned part number ending in 6958. The parts guys you spoke to knows nothing

ScottSV6

Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Ute
Thanks mate, i thought it would be right cause the part number was only 1 digit off the 5L, when i buy my next one ill be sure to take my receipt in to show them how much i paid last time to hopefully get it for the same price again. :yeah:

MeAndZeph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I'm so going to buy that stuff, then.

Rehashing an old thread I know, but someone may find it useful. Covs in Ozzie Park (WA) sells AC Delco Dexos 1 - quoted 180ish excl GST for 20L (can't remember the exact number). Wife goes down to pick it up and gets it for a grand total of $149 (even put it in the boot for her)! Goes into the VE SS ute on Sunday.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
just to add.........acdelco does not make oil. Most of AC oil in Australia is supplied by Fuchs.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Correct^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^