Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

active twin throttle setup issue

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
hey just wondering if this is how a twin throttles surpose to be set up anyone can help cheers :wax:

Attachments

• yo.jpg
    yo.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 540

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
looks pretty home made, but yea looks right.. as long as they are both opening at the same time and at the same rate (which it should), looks ok.

is that your setup or something your looking at?

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
its my setup but to me sounds like the left rocket cover hose is going into the rite throttle and the rite rocket cover hose is going in the top rite throttle for vaccum and i also got 2 vaccum hoses under the rite throttle following into the pollution canister so basically the left throttle is completely been bypassed except for the throttle cable

thats wat i was confused n fussed about

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
cant see that from the picture, only really the the linkage, TPS and IAC can be seen from that pic.

So really what your saying is that the left throttle is a dummy and only provides air to the plenum. Nothing wrong with that, most ppl choose this same setup.

as long as both rocker cover hoses should be venting into the plenum, u can always pipe them both to a catch can, and have the breather going back to one of the throttles, doesnt really mattet which.

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
They will work fine its much the same as using a larger TB all the other does is let in more air and so long as they open and close together they will work a treat..