Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Add subwoofer to stock Blaupunkt head unit

brad_871

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.0L SS THUNDER
This will probably be a quick answer but I am wondering if there is any way to hook up a sub using the factory Blaupunkt 6 Stacker in a VZ. I am aware that an amp will need to come into the equation too but is it possible to still use the factory stereo or do I need a whole new head unit?
Cheeers!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Last edited:

brad_871

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.0L SS THUNDER
Thanks for your ideas! So in essence this part plugs into wiring harness of the stereo and lets me run an amp from that? will it keep the factory settings such as steering wheel controls, eq etc?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
As far as i know, you retain everything.
Wait until one of the other guy's come on that are more familiar with them, and i'm sure they will be able to give you a good run down of how they work.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
ASR Audio does not use LOC's as they do not transfer a good signal :)

Cant recommend Greg and his work enough.

He modifies the existing head unit to provide a low level output.Which i was i meant when i said he can perform the modification, or a LOC can be supplied and used.I should have more specific...

lodgie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute
when running a amp off a loc what of the standard vy aerial wires should be used for the amp signal wire (to make it go on and off) ?? sorry if its been asked before but ive been trawling the forums and cant find it anywhere

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Using Greg's modification from ASR Audio also, I'm not sure if anyone has covered this yet... You'll find it will be the same price to modify the Blaupunkt to have good quality low level outputs as it would to buy a high quality LOC, and it would still sound better than having a LOC! Food for thought...