Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

adding amp and rear speakers to vz ute

ss kev-vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 hsv clubsport r8
I have a 2006 vz thunder ute 6stack blaupunk with 2 door speakers i want to add 2 rear speakers and amp i have spoken to couple of hi fi places but they don t seem interested in selling me what i want.i want as above and still keep my steering controls.... can anyone help me:bang::bang::bang:

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
first off why do you want rear speakers? why not just upgrade the fonts and only get a 2 channel amp so that you can spend all the money saved on the speakers. it will sound MUCH better than 4 speakers.

ss kev-vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 hsv clubsport r8
i assumed overall cab sound would be better although 6 stackers in utes dont have rear fade they only have l to r balance i am open to any suggestions as long as i can keep steeering controls:thumbsup:

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
unfortunately you will get a more full sound from a good set of fronts over rears.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
If your dead set on the rears then you wheel your ute into any Holden dealership and get them to activate the rear speakers by using the Tech2 <?> device.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
If your dead set on the rears then you wheel your ute into any Holden dealership and get them to activate the rear speakers by using the Tech2 <?> device.

what the? why install speakers into a car then de-activate them? = pointless.

or is it only activating rear channels on the head unit and supply your own speakers?

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
is it only activating rear channels on the head unit and supply your own speakers?

Exactly. Why build two different headunits when you can just modify one at will? In the sedans you can switch off the rears at any point in time that you like.

spinking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red Hot vy Storm S Uterus
help same problem

ok so this thread is ancient but o/ps question wasnt really answered i have a vy ute i have taken my ute into holden and had my rears enabled they might tell you in cant be done but actually what there saying is they dont know how to you need to tell them:

To program the code index have your dealer refer to Techline march 2003
It says "To program the code index refer to PV SIP Section 12D/Entertainment System/3.11 Program/F0:program Code Index. Change the head units code index from ute (06) to sedan (01) , or from (09) to (10) using the Tech2. This will enable the rear amps

and yes you will need to supply your own speakers surely in a ute surrounding speakers would sound better that stereo besides where else to get bass in a ute other than 6x9's my question is, is there wires there for rear speakers that i can connect to or do i need some sort of new loom thing