Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adding USB Connectivity

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Well the unit is still one piece. So basically unless you wanna hack away at that nice 1 piece unit there I would highly not recommend it.

nytrydr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6
Well the unit is still one piece. So basically unless you wanna hack away at that nice 1 piece unit there I would highly not recommend it.

i see...its wierd that Kenwood claims that their car portal can be added to virtually any car out there eh :/

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
It makes use of your AUX-in port, then you can plug whatever you want into that unit, but that's basically all it does.

nytrydr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6
It makes use of your AUX-in port, then you can plug whatever you want into that unit, but that's basically all it does.

if the quality is good, i can get that done i guess...i just don't like the idea of not being able to use my USB drives because i have a massive playlist

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Best way to tell how good the quality will be is to plug an MP3 player directly into the 3.5mm audio jack and see. Mind you with a basic system that comes with the VE you won't be able to notice much. You can only turn it up so loud until your speakers can't handle it anyway. You'll only really notice quality differences if you put a big system in.

nytrydr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6
right so what we've established here is that:

1. The Kenwood CarPortal System will work on a Omega and i'll get it installed by which i'll be able to listen to songs from my USB.

2. ill get a nice sound system (Kenwood as well possibly?) installed to get a good quality.