Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

adjusting auto transmission

vq_statss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statsman..5lt
can the bands be adjusted on a vq v8.t700 auto......pleases explain or post up on how to.....got a mannual but nothing in there.....any info would be good thanks

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Pretty sure they can be adjusted, I think the 4L60e can't be adjusted because its electronically controlled.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
can the bands be adjusted on a vq v8.t700 auto......pleases explain or post up on how to.....got a mannual but nothing in there.....any info would be good thanks

I had my tranny adjusted the other day as it was slipping a bit. All the mechanic did was pop the bonnet and adjust the kick down cable by pressing a button on the throttle thingy at the top and pull the cable a few notches. Took it for a drive and it held 1st way to long. Went back to him and he pulled it back 1 notch and all fixed.

Dont know if this helps you but it saved me getting a new tranny for a while.

Lucien

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 holden v8 hsv commodore
Can the bands be adjusted on vx holden hsv v8 auto

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VNSS 1991
Turbo 700 can't be adjusted internally only via kick down and accelerator cable on top of throttle body. There one may move shift points bypassing a slip. Imperative you have a cooler installed. Lucas oil stabilizer helps if your planning a rebuild later.