Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adjustment of rear camera

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Hi all,

I recently bought a Calais V wagon, and the rear camera is not displaying straight which makes it a punish to park.

My sedan has lines, but mine obviously hasn’t had the software updated. I can live without lines.

How do i adjust the rear camera? I thought i might simply be able to move lens, but there in no play at all.

Cheers!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Wagon has the camera off centre to the middle of the car doesn't it? I don't think there is an adjustment unless you have the lines added with software update.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Wagon has the camera off centre to the middle of the car doesn't it? I don't think there is an adjustment unless you have the lines added with software update.
Yes, it is to the left centre, however picture is also off centre and I have had difficulty reversing into parking lines etc.

perhaps the camera lines will help

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The rearview Driver Information Camera (as its called in the workshop manual) doesn't have any adjustments as it's just clipped in (sedan) or screwed in (wagon). There is also no mention within the workshop manual of any calibration process (to level the image in software).

As such, it may have been poorly fitted so try removing it and reinstalling it.

Sportswagon rear camera.JPG

Sportswagon applique replacement.JPG

Sportswagon trim finish replacement.JPG

Sportswagon latch cover replacement.JPG