Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ADVANCE extractors

lasco

lasco
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
hey guys, anyone every heared of Advance extractors? if so, are they any good? and how do they compare to others like pacemakers? thanks

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I had nothing but trouble with them on my V8. ended up throwing them in the bin and getting pacemakers (expensive mistake)

They were fine for the first few weeks, but then a stud snapped, and they bowed and would never bolt up properly again.

Just get paceys, only about $100 more

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'm a Pacemaker fan as well although I have read good reports on the Advance here on this forum.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
GOt advance on ine and have no probs with them. They say that pacemakers are good for top end power and advance are good for low to mid. Thats mainly why i went for advance.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Pacemaker make 2 different sets of VR extractors, standard 1 1/2" primaries and performance 1 5/8" primaries. People make the mistake of fitting the bigger ones because they think it will give them more power, where the opposite is true, you need the power first to take advantage of the bigger size. The Pacemakers give you more top end because of their flow design. Whichever way you go, I don't think it will be noticeable unless you dyno it.

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
Pacemaker make 2 different sets of VR extractors, standard 1 1/2" primaries and performance 1 5/8" primaries. People make the mistake of fitting the bigger ones because they think it will give them more power, where the opposite is true, you need the power first to take advantage of the bigger size. The Pacemakers give you more top end because of their flow design. Whichever way you go, I don't think it will be noticeable unless you dyno it.

Thats true, imo I think for a daily driver there is no real need for top end power cause at the end of the day your not gonna be going that fast on the street (trust me it does catch up with u if you do) so you might be better of with advance or HM, pacies are probably better if you like to flog the **** out of it all the time, so it really depends on how you drive as to what results you see.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Whatever fits your budget. I prefer pacemaker. Some people will tell you Genie are the way to go. At the end of the day, all extractors do pretty much the same job on a stock street car.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Whatever fits your budget. I prefer pacemaker. Some people will tell you Genie are the way to go. At the end of the day, all extractors do pretty much the same job on a stock street car.

Well said, I reckon all of them will do a good job except the crappy factory ones:thumbsup: