Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Advance headers vs Pacemaker extractors

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Been getting quotes on exhaust systems, keep getting told that there is no difference between AH and PE, how true is this? If not true, what will differ performance wise and economy wise? As my quotes so far have been approx $750 fitted for AH but for an extra $40 i can get PE from a pretty reputable exhaust dealer.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I have always used Advance's on V6 and pacies on V8's

In my opinion pacemakers are way to big and open for a V6 (the pipes are massive in diameter) and can sometimes open the system up too much giving the opposite effect of what you want.

Pacemakers on a V6 are good for high end power but Advances are good for low end/torque which is what you would want on a road car.

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Cheers for that :) hopefully get a few opinions as looking for results by end of the month so can get it done then

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
I have always used Advance's on V6 and pacies on V8's

In my opinion pacemakers are way to big and open for a V6 (the pipes are massive in diameter) and can sometimes open the system up too much giving the opposite effect of what you want.

Pacemakers on a V6 are good for high end power but Advances are good for low end/torque which is what you would want on a road car.

^^^^^^^

Beat me to it.

I bought Lukey extractors for the VL for that very reason.

I get a noticeable effect from about 1600rpm to 2800rpm where I spend 90% of my time.

Pacemaker are probably a little overkill if its a standard engine, they have a nice note and they look quite nice for the first 12 months until they begin to rust.