Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra test drive wobble

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
Hi, it's been a few years since I've been here... but soon could be getting back into a Commodore!

I have looked at an SX6 Adventra and it's ticking a bunch of boxes except I'm not sure about one thing it's doing.

When turning and going over a bump above 40-50 kph (i.e. the weight of the vehicle shifts sideways) it feels as though the body does a barely noticeable 'shimmy' (note: I'm not refering to body roll). This is something that I know other VZ's don't do, but not having driven an Adventra before I'm unsure if it's typical or a sign of suspension issues.

I live in a remote country town, so it's not easy find another one to test and compare.

Thanks in advance.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
do you think its just body roll? shocks maybe shotty.

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's not body roll and if it was a standard height vehicle it would defintely point to a problem with the suspension. I was wondering if this is a quirk of the Adventra's higher suspension?

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
depends if you have it loaded or not. mine runs way smoother and controls better with weight on board.

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
Are you saying that the movement in the suspension is definately there when the vehicle is unloaded?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Stuffed shocks or possibly worn suspension rubbers somewhere. My Adventra was great - no suspension wobble what so ever. Other cars I have had did develop such a twitch as the rear shocks wore out in particular.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
As above, shocks, which are quick and cheap to fix. They aren't able to control the spring, allowing too much movement of the suspension, which in turn makes the tyre lose contact with the road.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk