Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice needed on installing factory carpet into VS clubbie

jonesyb69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport & VP Executive V8
Hi All,

I have removed some old carpet from my VS and am just starting the unenviable task of installing a better condition carpet. I just need some advice on what I actually need to remove from under the dash/console to get the carpet back in properly. I am trying to remove as little as possible to have the best chance of it going back together nicely.

I have found a post that mentioned that perhaps removing the bottom of the heater air box might be the go but it is a quite a bitch to remove.

Any tips/ideas/tools to buy would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ben

Attachments

• 20140823_164801.jpg
    20140823_164801.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 121

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
nah fk removing heater box. I switched to a brandnew carpet so may be different size but if you have problems sliding it under the heater again, just trim it. you wont see under the console anyway

jonesyb69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for your reply and thanks for the tip. Was trying to avoid trimming but it sounds like it will save me huge amounts of time and hassle. Just need to trim as little as possible I guess but as you say the console should hide it anyway

jonesyb69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers VRSenator also. Glad I posted here first.