Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on buying a DVD system???

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Mounting a double din DVD monitor with no bracket???

Bought a JVC double din DVD monitor. I've connected all the wires and soldered them...blah,blah, blah. However. WHat is the best way to mount a double din unit in my vx commodore, as the brackets from the stock h/u don't fit onto my new JVC h/u??? Is it possible to buy a double din bracket OR is my best bet to take the dash facia and surroundings off so that I can rivot or put screws through to hold the unit???

Any tips please????????

Last edited:

cameltoe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais
a bit over what you want to spend but you can pic up an in dash alpine screen and dvd player from JB HI-FI for around $1999.00
alot of extra features with it also

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
yeh that's over the limit I rekon. Especially just for a h/u...

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
not even

i have the screen serperate to the head unit and all up my system cost $610

and yes i did buy the screen off ebay its 7' fully motorized then i just brought a jvc headunit to play dvd's on it

here is a link to the screen
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/IN-DASH-DVD-...4QQihZ015QQcategoryZ32826QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

here is a link to the head unit
http://www.jvc-australia.com/products/_products_sub_group_details.asp?ID=1497

and this is wat it looks like

its only blurring ocz of the pic it is a really clear screen

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
I got mine for $1400 ex display and i wouldnt go anything else only due to the fact that the roads up here a not that good (heaps bumpy) and the double DIN screen dont flop around like some that i saw..........

P.S I know the screen is dirty ;) ;) ;) ;)

Attachments

• SUC30003.JPG
    SUC30003.JPG
    438.3 KB · Views: 680

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Do you want roof mounted or in dash?
Mine is roof mounted screen with the dvd player out of sight under the front passengers seat.
The brand is blaupunkt and it cost me $750 fitted and come up a treat, click on my link and have a look!

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
juzsvy nice ride you have there...I want in dash screen/dvd player, more so I can view my mp3 songs on screen.

Fr3ak+--, I had a look at the screen on ebay and I noticed it has a tv tuner, what is the reception/quality like...how many channels does it pick up????? I'm after that same h/u to...any disadvantages bout it???

Cheers all....

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
Hi ruso,
Why not go a eurovox double din dvd player?New price $550(with tv aerial or $490 without)Installed myself in my vt,has radio,mp3,cd,tv and dvd...All good,tv reception works well,i pick-up around 7 channels....Optional extra is nav unit($1200)but i don't need this overpriced extra,anyway have gps&maps($130) on laptop,so on a long trip i'll take with me if needed:thumbsup:
Ps.Your Mp3 folder shows up on screen so you can scroll through and pick which mp3 to play.

Last edited:

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
My mates pioneer touch screen is pretty awesum. I think rrp is around the 1k mark

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Finally bought a JVC KW-AVX700 double din DVD reciever and monitor. Need help with the wiring. I've done many search's and have found the colours for wires. However the wiring from JVC obviously varies to the stock wiring.

Need help with;

1. Automatic antenna. My car has 2 wires one for the antenna to go up and one to go down...however the JVC wiring harness has one wire...AUTOMATIC ANTENNA. Do I connect this to both up and down wires????

2. Illumination. My car has Illumination and illumination output. Do I just connect the wire from jvc harness to the illumination wire only, or to the illumination output wire???

3. ALso it says to connect to a live terminal in the fuse block connecting to the car battery (bypassing the ignition switch). This would be the constant wire...correct???

Also is it best to pull all the wires out of the old harness and solder them to the new wires. Or just by some clips...to push new wires into the from my car harness...

Cheers

Last edited: