Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

advice on Hollandia 700 Series 2 in the VE SV6

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
looking at getting Hollandia 700 Series 2 on my SV6. been talking to a few holden dealers and they advised me to pop in and see the sunroof centre in noble park melbourne. they have sent a few ppl who bought new cars and then later decided on sunroofs and the sunroof centre has done quiet a few great cars and clubsports called in there the other day and there more than happy to do my car and the mrs new car with the Hollandia 700 Series 2. anyone had there VE car done from this place. just worried about the usual things like water leaks. so can anyone say about them or is Hollandia 700 Series 2 good system for my car. the pic is from one of the cars they did looks like a very neat job on car.

thanks in advance. to all the members.

Attachments

• sunroof.jpg
    sunroof.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 3,962
Last edited:

CALAIS08V8

Scott
Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V V8 60th
Hi SV , i have a 60th Anv Calais which has a factory fitted sunroof. I believe it is a Hollandia 700 series 1. I might be mistaken but as far as im aware its a Hollandia 700 so i assume its a series 1 as the car is 4 years old . Top sunroof , no leaks and has never let me down. :)

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Hollandia is the ONLY sunroof I'd ever get aftermarket installed on any car.

They arent cheap, but there's a reason for that. Terrific units, just make sure you use an installer given the ok by Hollandia.
Good enough for BMW dealerships to use, good enough for me :).

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Yes I've got this exact one in my r8 is a great unit and is by far the best aftermarket one out there . The fit looks factory and unlike the factory unit your able to keep the sunglasses holder.

CALAIS08V8

Scott
Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V V8 60th
Was looking for one before i bought my Calais. $2200 from memory. Sent you PM with supplier/fitter. They do a lot of Holden dealer work.

RedhotThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE Thunder Sv6
Would definately be keen if they fit the ute without removing the sunglasses holder, though I think the roof antenna might be in the way?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
looking at getting Hollandia 700 Series 2 on my SV6. been talking to a few holden dealers and they advised me to pop in and see the sunroof centre in noble park melbourne. they have sent a few ppl who bought new cars and then later decided on sunroofs and the sunroof centre has done quiet a few great cars and clubsports called in there the other day and there more than happy to do my car and the mrs new car with the Hollandia 700 Series 2. anyone had there VE car done from this place. just worried about the usual things like water leaks. so can anyone say about them or is Hollandia 700 Series 2 good system for my car. the pic is from one of the cars they did looks like a very neat job on car.

thanks in advance. to all the members.

The Hollandia 700 is what has been fitted to all Commodores post VY when ordered through the dealer (Holden by Design/HSVi).
Very few Commodores were 'factory fitted' with a sunroof. The panel has to be pressed from the factory and has a rolled in metal edge around the opening. When they've been fitted aftermarket, the panel has to be cut, and a rubber seal is put on the edge of the cut. This is usually how to tell if a roof is factory fitted or aftermarket.
So when a vehicle arrives new at the dealer, it is sent to a sunroof place and had one put in as per the customer request. In sedans and wagons, the roof is a Webasto-Hollandia 700. VS-VX used the 600, which was the predecessor to the 700,.

Long of the short, Holden trust Webasto Hollandia for the 700 in their cars as do a lot of other manufacturers, and have confidence in most installers to do a proper "aftermarket/pre delivery" job.

Would definately be keen if they fit the ute without removing the sunglasses holder, though I think the roof antenna might be in the way?

You wont get a 700 series in a ute, as the panel needs a roof to slide into. You'd be offered the 300 series, where the panel rises above the roof/rear window. The antenna would be swapped for a bee-sting type, which is much more sleek than the whip style they have off the floor.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2
what about the 900 model?
anyone know anything about it?
used to own Jap imports with huge moonroof ,loved it,