Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on lowering and 20s

Mase1990

VY Storm 03
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm 03
I'm going to put ssl springs/struts in my vy storm ute very shortly ( like this weekend) and I was wondering, will itscrub much with 245/40/R18 wheels on without my guards rolled? Or will they need to be rolled. Also, interested in getting some 20s if anyone has some for sale. Thanks.

Damo92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S PAC II
i had sl springs with both 17's and 20's and had no problem with scrubbing but not too sure bout ssl's. can't see that u would have any problems thou

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I'm going to put ssl springs/struts in my vy storm ute very shortly ( like this weekend) and I was wondering, will itscrub much with 245/40/R18 wheels on without my guards rolled? Or will they need to be rolled. Also, interested in getting some 20s if anyone has some for sale. Thanks.

Should be fine mate, I've run 245/40R18 front / rear on 18x8's with +45 offset, and lower than SSL and had room to move. This was a sedan, though I'd say the ute would be good too. Shouldn't need guards rolled.

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
everyone has different stories on this issue imo.

fit the 20's and lowering kit, if it scrubs get em rolled if they dont they hey they dont.

Mase1990

VY Storm 03
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm 03
Haha thanks for your advice dudes.
Thats once less thing i have to worry about (for now)