Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on problem with electronics

• Thread starter RichardACampbell
  • Start date
M

mikemutlow

Air Bag Warning Light

I looked for the pre-tensioner connectors last night and sure enough (as you said) they are green with a metal clip over them right down between the seat and the centre console. The one on the passenger seat is nice and tight and looks fine but the drivers side connector seems a 'wobbly' and the metal clip loose. I reckon this is a good candidate for te source of my problem. The only difficulty is access and it looks like I either need to remove the centre console or the seat to get at it. Any suggestions on which of these options is easiest?
I have concluded that I cannot set off the pre-tensioner by simply removing and replacing the connector as activation can only occur if there is a signal (ie. voltage input) from the accelerometers at the front of the car, and I will not be generating any voltage by disconnecting / reconnecting - right??

Gnarkill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Warning Lights

RichardACampbell said:
Thanks again for your valued comments Rob. On thing that niggles me just a bit is whether serial comms could affect the temperature gauge and the "Cruise" indication.

As i said, i will get them to check for any new serial comms errors on Monday and if they are still happening it ABS module would seem to be indicated.

Thanks once again,

Dick Campbell

Our VT has been suffering the same symptoms as mentioned and just got it checked today. Auto Elec has pointed it to the ABS Module so we will be up for a replacement. Did you happen to notice that, along with the temp gauge and Cruise indication, that the Air-con button had no effect. ie. if the air-con was on, then the warning lights came on, the air-con would not turn off even though the light on the button went off?

stevegunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon vt acclaim sedan
Dont know if this helps or is just coincidence, but mine hasnt done it since I put a new battery in? :confused: Cant see how that would change things. :bop:

R

RichardACampbell

I wasn't using the airconditioner at the time so I can't say.

I have heard battery problems being mentioned a a possible culprit before.

It's all a bit of a nightmare really. Holden has a lot to answer for.

:unsure:

*VOLATILE*

Monaro here i come
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Richard, i would have to agree with you. Bloody Holden. I have exactly the same problem as you however all those lights and the chimes come on as soon as i start the car. On the plus-side, I've also noticed that my fan kicks in when the motor starts; regardless of the motor being hot or cold. Has anyone had this happen to them or is this a separate issue?

I've tried taking my car to auto lackeys and they have all suggested they try plugging in a diagnostic software tool (not sure if it is the official holden software). Is it worth paying that money to run the software to fix the warning lights problems???

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the fan issue is probably due to a faulty low fan relay, it logs a dtc92
the code may just need clearing from the SDM & it will be fine, try it

Rob

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
go to a dealer & get the code cleared with tech2

Rob

R

RichardACampbell

I have noticed one more thing that might prove the Dr Bob is right about the ABS module. The ABS alarm is the first thing to come on followed about 5 seconds later by the others.

Also, looking at a very inadequate electrical diagram, it seems that all the offending warning lights are connected to the "SDI" which I assume means Serial Data Interface (not Strategic Defence Initiative).

So the scenario could be that the ABS module has or causes a serial bus problem then the next time the other modules try to communicate, they fail as well.

One time when the warnings came on, I was in cruise control and it dropped out.

My son also has an off beat theory that due to a failed brake light, the cruise control is confused about whether the brakes are being applied or not. Could explain the cruise control dropping out but I am not sure about a serial bus problem. Anyway replacing the stop is obviously the first thing to try.

B

Bloodmoon

i got same problem with the airbag warning light and the stpid warning nose everytime i start up