Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on VZ stereo replacement please

Premier 350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Aclaim Wagon
The OEM radio is fine, CD player is shot. Won't accept or eject discs. Rather than buy a second hand one, I'd rather replace the factory unit with a modern unit with Bluetooth and ditch the CD side for a USB
I believe I can get a fascia plate & wiring adaptors, I want a unit that will plug 'n' play while keeping the OEM speakers, aerial and steering wheel controls
Not an audiophile, so a unit that equals the OEM specs is fine.
Any recommendations, and thanks for all replies.
Cheers,
Chris

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Aerpro website will show all you need, then just pick your headunit

Michael Adamantidis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SS 6.0 Sedan
I just finished installing a single DIN Pioneer Bluetooth unit in my VZ SS. Autobarn sold me everything I needed. I already had the head unit, so this is what I bought from them:
* Aeropro Pioneer to ISO cable
* Aeropro ISO to VZ cable with steering wheel controls
* Aeropro Antenna connector adaptor plug
* Single DIN fascia for VZ in black

I'm no installation expert but I managed to do it all myself. Took me about 3 hours (not rushingand on my own). That included running the Bluetooth microphone up the A-pillar and behind the dash, and pulling out the centre dash entirely do remove the factory head unit and clean all dash plastics and trims before re-installing everything.

It's all plug and play, everything works perfect, including the steering wheel controls. My only complaint is that the factory head uit used to bring the antenna back down when you played a CD - now, doesn't matter what you play - Bluetooth audio, USB stick, CD or radio, the antenna goes up and stays there until you switch the unit off again. But I suspect that's more a function of my Pioneer head unit more than anything else.

Oh, and because the built in amp in the Pioneer head unit is a little more powerful than the factory one, with a greather range of equalizer adjustment, the stock speakers sound way better now too.