Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice Turboing RB30.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Slowly starting to buy parts!
Don't do that save up the cash if you buy things piece by piece and you change your mind you end up with stuff thats not as compatible as it should be, buy the whole lot in one hit. Or you change direction totally and get stuck with half a system no one wants.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I would concider keeping the SOHC head and doing work to it instead of going a RB head

25/26 heads go for drug money now, and parts are near on impossible to buy for them

A guy recently purchased a 25 head, minus the cam bearing caps, which, he cannot find, or buy anywhere

Plus less machining

My old 25/30

images.jpeg

H

harrop.senator

I would concider keeping the SOHC head and doing work to it instead of going a RB head

25/26 heads go for drug money now, and parts are near on impossible to buy for them

A guy recently purchased a 25 head, minus the cam bearing caps, which, he cannot find, or buy anywhere

Plus less machining

My old 25/30

View attachment 230369

Buying a head without caps is scrap value. He shouldn't have such a drama being in land of the long white cloud , wide blue trou.

Especially if can find a gts25 non vct head from a 32. They've got more skylines n stageas then commodores fortunately for him.

Samj2121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore

Plus less machining

My old 25/30

View attachment 230369
Yeah I’m definitely keen to keep SOHC