Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aerpro FP9046

abzkebabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore
Hi,
I have just ordered and received a facia kit to install an aftermarket single DIN cd player in my VY commodore.
Upon recieving this kit i noticed that my single DIN cd player wont even slide in the opening that its meant to go in because my cd player is too wide for it !

Just wondering if anyone has ever used these or maybe knows what the solution is because according to the website it should fit any single din cd player in place of a stock head unit from 2002 model commodores to current .

heres he site
Code:
http://www.aerpro.com.au/list.php?pcode=FP9046&cat_name=in-dash+mounting+kits&cat_no=09&product_name=HOLDEN+VY/VZ+COMM//MONARO+in+dash+mounting+pocket&cat_sno=

EDIT: My head unit is a Sony MEX-BT2500

Last edited:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
What head unit do you have?

abzkebabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore
oh yeah sorry should have put that in the original post
It's a Sony MEX-BT2500

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you taken the fascia off the radio (little plastic bit that goes around it)?

abzkebabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore
Have you taken the fascia off the radio (little plastic bit that goes around it)?

Yeah i have... i tried putting the HU in with the back first and it physically wont fit through the opening !

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i have... i tried putting the HU in with the back first and it physically wont fit through the opening !

Strange considering it looks normal DIN sized. Haven't had this issue before so maybe some one else may have a solution. Maybe see if you can borrow a mates and see if it fits is all I can suggest. Or find an old busted one.

H Bomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Mine was ok

I have just put mine in and I have the Aerpro FP9046 the new one, not the FP9045 which I think is very the same but the new one is easier to snap in and install I think.
I also have a Sony head unit but its a MEX-BT7500 which would be quite similar to your BT2500 I would imagine. Just pop the plastic surround off the head unit and mount it flush from the back of the plastic din thing, then when you put the sides on and screw them into the head unit it will sit flush as without the need for the extra plastic surround thing, it looks great and clean as. You wont be able to pull the headunit through the hole though at all in either direction.
Does this help?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I have used these many times mate and yes, the fascia goes over the top of the radio and you need to remove the surround, also it feels like the side plastic is to small....and well, it is! But it still fits in their perfectly.
Now, if your refering to the unit not fitting inside the dash of the car....thats not a problem either. you need to remove the whole front of the centre HVAC system to remove the cage the factory radio used to slide in. Many people try fitting new radios without removeg this cage....it won't work.