Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Afm disable?

weeman1020

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ss Ve sportswagon z series
I got Quoted by walkinshaw performace to get there powerpack for my car with the OCM tune , cold air intake and 2.5 cat back and they will disable the AFM for $3750 with my driveline warranty still intact

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
if that's with the guys in brendale on the northside they do good work, Ian's done all mine and I am very pleased,

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
I got Quoted by walkinshaw performace to get there powerpack for my car with the OCM tune , cold air intake and 2.5 cat back and they will disable the AFM for $3750 with my driveline warranty still intact

Yep all warranted for the life of holdens warranty you got with the vehicle...not sure if your budget will stretch?(im kicking myself I didn't do it all in one hit btw)but consider 1 3/4 length tuned headers and hi flow cats they fit too all in one hit..they may(or may not lol)negotiate a bit on the overall price,if not the headers/cats are another $2k fitted but then you are set up properly from front to rear mate..just my 2 cents if you go the walkinshaw way...
PS.. is the the intake they quoted you their OTR one? they are reportedly the better option($300 appx dearer though fyi)

weeman1020

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ss Ve sportswagon z series
They said i can do a payment plan with the powerpack and im not sure if its a OTR , it just says a cold air induction. I dont have a massive budget for getting new headers and hi flow cats . I wish i could get everything done im kicking my self i didnt get a manual to be honest , would save me alot of ####ing around getting the afm disabled

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
They said i can do a payment plan with the powerpack and im not sure if its a OTR , it just says a cold air induction. I dont have a massive budget for getting new headers and hi flow cats . I wish i could get everything done im kicking my self i didnt get a manual to be honest , would save me alot of ####ing around getting the afm disabled

Yeh rumour has it they perform as well as the manual though even dead stock given better launch...AFM I think is the thing that deterred me as much as anything from getting an auto..plus still a bit "old school" re manual v auto's lol
I too stuffed up in not getting headers when I had the coin mate,alas im not so flush just now...s**t happens.
Just check on the OTR vs other intake scenario,they are both alright imo but it may be now that they automatically do the OTR in the pack(I got the powerpack similar to yours in august last year before I picked up the car.. but 3" system as more mods were in the plan, but with the standard intake only)...one could argue if nothing else that the OTR gives a better look if you have your bonnet open a lot that is..i don't! up to you really..
Also,some may say walky stuff is expensive(probably a fair call) but imo the product is good,i love the look of the twin in one dual pipes,sounds great, goes noticeably better(appx +35 KW on mine),no complaints here and the warranty aspect for you particularly would provide peace of mind.Let us know what you decide mate.