Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

after market electric windows switch

pcp20us

Reaction score
Hi

Got a vy 11 ss. I want to change the 2 front electric windows so they have one touch complete up and down, instead of the default hold dowm for 1 sec to put window all the way down. To put the wondow up, you need to hold the switch the whole time ttill the window is up.

Also is it easy or possible to put a electric windows switch just for the drivers door actual on the door instead of the centre console?

are such switches avaliable or are there mods you can do for this?

2O4TS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1
Hi

To put the wondow up, you need to hold the switch the whole time ttill the window is up.

OMG! Are you a politician or something? What an awful lot of effort having to hold that button up for 4 or 5 seconds. Bit too physical for ya? ;)

OK, seriously, yes you could do it. How? Dunno, I'm not particularly well versed in electronic circuitry. The auto window winders on Ebay have the circuitry to wind all the windows up all the way automatically so there in itself is evidence it can be done.

I'd go have a chat to my local Jaycar guys. I'm sure they could hook you up with the necessary electronics to do it. If it's beyond you (and it would be me), ask them if they know someone who could do it for you.

Anything is possible basically. How deep are your pockets and how much effort do you want to put in to it? For my money, I'll just hold those pesky buttons a few seconds thanks. Best of luck.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka