Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After market seats

Simso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega ute
So drivers seat in my series 1 ute is completely collapsed and broken, seatfoam is dead, side plastic is broken, completley collapses when you sit on it.

Have been looking for a replacement seat now for close to 3 months, not sure if a standard ve seat can be adapted to a ute for the flip forward option

Is there an aftermarket seat for the ve.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You can replace the foam base with a passenger side one as they are the same. The backrest is ute specific. What ute is it? SS seats are different from V6 seats. I bought a base and it was a V6 one and it didn't fit my SS. According to the Holden spares I bought my base from it fits SV6 and Omega but not SS. My local Holden spares said all SS bases are the same. Some VE utes, not all have an airbag so if you find a backrest you will need one to suit your bus. Airbag backrests can be made to fit one without but I doubt it would be easy to cut the hole in a non-air bag one to fit the airbag.

Simso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega ute
Thats good info if the base of the seat can be swapped with a standard car or wagon version, thats pretty much what i need, i can live with crappy springs in the seat upright by just getting a good car seat cover

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Only the foam base can be swapped from a passenger side, you can't use the entire part. You will need to remove the cover and swap it over. It would be worth getting the seat base foam reinforced with mesh to stop it happening again.

Is this a V6 or V8?

Simso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega ute
Just a v6 omega model

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Then you need an Omega base. Shame because I sold a brand new one a couple of months ago. For less than 1/2 of what I paid.

Simso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega ute
Wonder if the vf's will fit, they are a good looking seat

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224