Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After more power from a Boosted 355

skyracer

Reaction score
Rosebud / Mornington Peninsula / Victoria
Members Ride
VS II Berlina & BMW E30 318 iS & VS II Manual GTS
Why are you after more power? You have already said it accelerates hard, it has plenty of torque, who cares how much "power" you make?

Because it makes me happy. I don't care how much power it makes or how much I can show off my power figures to my mates. It's a hobby that I enjoy doing and enjoy learning about constantly like I am now from all you smart and knowledgeable people.

I lost my mum to cancer last sept. That I lived with for 22 years. My pride and joy that sits in my drive way is just about the only thing in this world that still puts a smile on my face.

That's why.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I wasn't being a smart arse, I was just saying that you have a fast car by the sounds of it, a power figure is just a number, the way it drives is a true indication of how much go it has.

I would be getting a second dyno run done if the number is important to you as that figure you have doesn't seem right for the amount of torque you have.

I lost my mum to cancer a few yeas ago too so I feel your pain.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
i think your on the right path now with the manifold and other goodies, that should definately open it up alot more. then maybe a new set of pipes....twin 2.5 down to the diff then a single 3" over and into a rear muff. hope it busts some balls man

skyracer

Reaction score
Rosebud / Mornington Peninsula / Victoria
Members Ride
VS II Berlina & BMW E30 318 iS & VS II Manual GTS
For those of you interested. I will post full results of the development on my engine. Exact mods that have been made and what gains they had.

Cam. springs, rockers, twin row timing set arrived today, manifold should be here tomorrow. Car is booked in on the 21st. Can't wait. :)

blo304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
For those of you interested. I will post full results of the development on my engine. Exact mods that have been made and what gains they had.

Cam. springs, rockers, twin row timing set arrived today, manifold should be here tomorrow. Car is booked in on the 21st. Can't wait. :)

So how did it go?

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
^^^^^^^what he said! haha

gts_215i

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR8
What camshaft did you decide on ?

PM - your email address & i'll send you some info :)