Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After underside photo front bar genuine VT HSV

Navarre

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice and VU SS
Gidday people,

I've gotten hold of a genuine VT Clubsport front bar and was hoping one of you with a genuine VT HSV could toss the camera under the centre of the front bar and upload a photo. I am wanting to know what attaches to the two (2) holes indicated in the picture below.
VT HSV bar.jpg
I anticipate they are either for lower bar brackets or infill panel between the bar and radiator support panel.

Thank you in advance.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Those holes are for two lower bar brackets. Brackets attach to the front k-frame.

Nice find BTW.

Navarre

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice and VU SS
Thanks VT2Commie,

Lower bar brackets seems right yes. With the bar resting on the car, there is a bit of 'droop' in the centre of the bar. The plastic bar is heavier than I expected, especially compared to a VX SS factory front bar. Hopefully someone will post a picture for me so that I get an idea of the style of brackets. In any event, I will make brackets to attach the bar to k-frame.

Cheers.

vt_II_senator_sig

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II HSV Senator Signature
I have a VT II Sen sig...
here is a pic of the underside showing the basic brackets that you could probably make up yourself pretty quickly. the height of the bracket ie from the bottom of the rail to the top of the bar is about 60mm. its just a standard bolt in to the rail (top)...
hope this helps you...

Attachments

• P4090302-resized.jpg
    P4090302-resized.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 133

Navarre

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice and VU SS
Thanks vt_II_senator_sig, you're an absolute legend! A picture is worth a thousand words and thanks for the measurement also. The picture helps me greatly. I was expecting the brackets to be more involved somehow but I'm pleased that they are quite simple in their design. I've just measured my bar to rail distance and it's about 70mm which is consistent as there is a slight 'droop' in the bar, possibly from being on a car without those support brackets.

Cheers.